January 15, 2010

These boots are made for walking...

One of Lola's favorite things right now is putting on mine or Clay's shoes and prancing around the house. Or actually, it's more like stomping around the house. I have to keep my shoes put up and closets closed at all times. Otherwise, shoes would be spread across the house and we would constantly hear Lola stomping around in a pair of my high-heels. The other night she was in the nude and took it upon herself to put on a pair of my boots. She had a real good time with it and so did we.....

We're going through a very rough time with Lola right now. Of course, I want to keep this particular post light hearted so I'm not going to torture you with the gory details today. I'll just say, I've be googling things like "inconsolable crying toddler" a lot lately. Maybe it's just the "terrible twos"...I don't know but I'll get back to this another day. For today, I thought I would tell you some of the hilarious things that have come out of Lola's mouth. I realize it would be much better if I posted these comments as she said them but I haven't so I thought I would catch up real quick.

The other day in the car Lola said "My tutu hurts" so I said "Ok, as soon as we get home we'll change your diaper and it will feel much better". She replied "Yes. And it needs some Desitine". I seriously don't know how she comes up with stuff like this.

Or, last week Lola was playing with a bottle of Tabasco. I told her she doesn't want to put it in her mouth as it was hot, hot, hot. What does she do??? She not only puts it in her mouth but she takes a big ol' guzzle of Tabasco. Her eyes lit up like you've never seen and she started screaming "TAKE IT OFF, TAKE IT OFF". I said "Take what off?" and she said "MY MOUTH"...."TAKE MY MOUTH OFF". Poor thing. Her little mouth was burning so badly that she wanted me to take it off. If that was a possibility, it would make sense. I love how literal kids are.

Lola also gets some words confused which I think is real cute. She'll say things like "Help you" when she actually is saying "Help me". For example, if she wants to get down from a chair she'll reach her arms out and say "Mommy, help you!". She also gets her "ins" and "outs" confused. Say I'm in the bathroom with the door shut and Lola wants to come in she'll say "Help me out" rather than "Help me in". I love it!

Oh, I just thought of something else. My mom should cover her ears for this paragraph. I mentioned a while back that Lola learned about toots from Bella. Now, she's learned about burps and boogies too. All three of those make an excellent combination! Anyway, she is so funny when it comes to any of these three things. If she toots or burps, she'll look at me and say "Mommy, I just tooted" or "Mommy, I just burped" or it can be both at the same time. She usually is giggling when she tells me. My response is always "Lola, little girls shouldn't toot and burp out loud but if you have to then try not to announce it to the world and make sure to say excuse me". She'll just nod her head and say "Ok"...."Excuse me". She's also funny about her boogies. She doesn't like them in her nose anymore so she's been known to dig them out. Actually, half the time she asks me to get them but when she digs them out she'll yell "Boogie...yucky...need tissue...Mommy, get it off!....yucky...nasty!" The whole time she's saying this her little arm and finger are sticking straight out waiting for me to help her with the boogie. It's pretty funny!

I'm trying to think if there is anything else. I'm sure there is but I just can't think of it all right now. Even the smallest things melt my heart. The other day I had some glitter on my face and Lola said "Clay, Mommy has a star on her face....look!". Or, when I put on a pair of my boots or an outfit Lola likes she'll say "Mommy, you look cuuuuttteee!" Or "Mommy, I love your boots!" and she says all of this with great passion and expression. It's amazing. There is nothing better and I can't wait to see what Lola has in store next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those are the most adorable pics ever! I laughed when you talked Lola getting her words confused - isn't it so cute! Carter went through a stage a few months back where he said "Hold You" when he wanted to be picked up. Toddlers are too funny!