March 18, 2010

No time for anything these days....

HUH...I feel like I absolutely have no time for anything these days! Except work of course. Man oh man...they are really getting their monies worth out of me right now. I pretty much hate it! I feel like I'm constantly working and when I'm not working I feel like I should be working as I'm stressed about everything that I need to get done. Now that's just not right! The worst part is due to the stress at work I've cut all things good out of my life such as exercise, eating healthy, etc. Awesome! I have got to bring some of this stuff back into my life especially since I'm preggers but I just don't know how to do it with my schedule. It looks like I'll have to start the 5:30 a.m. runs again but I still don't know when I'll find time to squeeze in yoga. I guess I'll figure it all out at one point.

In the meantime, I've decided I'm boycotting my doctors appointments as I don't want to step on the scale. That's right....I literally can't go in and face the number the scale will reveal this month. So, I've cancelled my appt which was scheduled for Monday. Yep, not going! I'm assuming that's not good but I just don't have the will power to go right now. I'm really hoping that my doc will call and say "Amy, You really have to come in! Your pregnant for goodness sake!" but she hasn't yet. Until then, I'll wait for the call. Clay doesn't know this or else I'm sure he would force me to go. I'm hoping my fellow blog readers keep this little secret for me. Surely I'll work up the will power to go by next month.

Now to some better stuff. I still hate pregnancy! Wait, didn't I say "better stuff"??? And here I am continuing on with my negativity. Seriously, I'm not sure how anyone stands to be around me right now for more than 5 minutes due to my complaining about my hate for pregnancy. I do make sure to apologize constantly for my attitude. Maybe that makes me somewhat tolerable to be around??? Or, come to think of it...maybe that's why I'm sitting home alone at 8:30 pm when my hubby and all our friends are out rocking at South by Southwest (SXSW -http://sxsw.com/). Hmmmm.....

Ok, I digress...onto the better stuff...
Little Lola is still just as adorable as they get. I hate to brag but I just love that little hellion more than life itself. She's really into elevators right now or what she calls "alligators". One day we were going up in an elevator and Lola shouted "Mommy, Alligator upstairs!" I thought this comment was VERY random considering we weren't near any swamps and I said "No Lo. No alligators will be upstairs". Then when it was time to head back and we got back in the elevator, Lola got all excited again and said "Mommy, alligator going down!" and she jumped up and down. I suddenly realized that the "elevator" was an "alligator" to her. Love it! Now Lo is constantly talking about "alligators"...."Mommy, Will we go in an alligator today?" I get that one a lot. So I took her to my office the other day to ride the "alligator" again and she just loved it.

In the past, Lola would sometimes be shy with strangers. She's pretty much gotten over that. If strangers aren't coming up to her saying something, she'll certainly go up to them and at least say "Hi" with a big wave and smile on her face. If a stranger comes up to her, she has her speech down pat. If they say to her "What's your name?" She'll quickly reply "Lola! I'm two!" Yep, she always beats them to the second question which is usually "How old are you?". She just knocks it all out in one shot. Keep in mind she says this with much confidence and points to herself while saying it. Sometimes she gets so anxious to tell someone her name and age that she doesn't even give them a chance to get the question out. She just immediately walks up and says "I'm Lola and I'm two!". She's something else!

Let me think of some other things.... One of my fav breakfast/snack food are sausage balls or what I also like to call "fat pellets". If you know the ingredients in sausage balls there is no reason for me to explain why I've given them the nick name of fat pellets. I've cooked these the past two weekends because I love them oh so much. Do you think maybe this is why I feel ultra fat and bad about myself right now? I do always finish the fat pellets off by myself...Ugh. Anyway, one morning Lola kept talking about soccer balls. I thought why in the world does she keep talking about soccer balls. I wondered how she even knew what a soccer ball was as we don't have one but she kept saying "I want soccer balls". I finally figured out that she calls sausage balls "soccer balls". Thank goodness she loves them as much as me....the less there for me to eat the better.

Lola is also into the word "beautiful" right now and she is VERY dramatic when she uses it. She uses this acronym in front of just about everything. "Look at this beautiful picture" or "That chair is beautiful". Or, this was my favorite...the other day we were shopping around looking for Lo some Spring clothes. She was getting fussy and was ready to go home. I pulled out a t-shirt with a cute flower on it and asked her if she liked it. Her reply was "No. I don't like that t-shirt with the beautiful flower on it". I literally stopped right there and started rolling laughing. She of course proceeded to tell me to stop laughing.

I just know I had a few more funny Lola things I wanted to post but I can't remember right now. I usually type it into my blackberry as soon as she's says something funny but I haven't been doing a very good job of that lately. Oh, I just remembered one...and this is a good one....
So, I've been talking to Lola about the baby in my belly. To back up, as most of you know, Lo's Aunt Beans and Uncle Adam just had baby Curry (I say "just" she's actually 13 or 14 weeks now or older...gosh time flies). Basically, Lola knows Brana was pregnant and her belly was big and now her belly is small and they have baby Curry. So when I tell Lola that "Mommy has a baby in her belly" her response is "Baby Curry?". Basically, Lola thinks baby Curry is in my belly and that is the baby I'm having. What will make matters even more confusing is if our baby is born with a full head of black hair (which I'm sure he will be) and looks just like baby Curry. I have a feeling this will all take muchos explaining. Anyway, it's all real cute. She sometimes says "I'm going to be a big sister". I know she doesn't know what it means but I'm trying to explain to her that big sisters LOVE LOVE LOVE to help Mommy around the house and they LOVE LOVE LOVE to tinkle on the big girl toilet and they don't usually throw toddler fits. When I say things like this, Lola just stares at me in awe almost as if I'm a nut. Actually, at this point, she's probably not too far off thinking that. Heck, she may be right on!!!!

Big weekend with SXSW. Extra 3 Million people have come to Austin from all over the world to attend the festivities. We're excited uber excited about all the music!!! Hope to update yall next week....

No comments: