September 24, 2010

I just need my contacts please....

For days now I've been trying to find the time to pick up my contacts. I'm sure yall are thinking "Find the time??? You're at home on maternity leave. You should have all the time in the world". Yea I know! Those are also my thoughts exactly. But, for some reason, I have absolutely no time on my hands. What in the world?!?!? All I wanted to do today was picking up my contacts. I was able to accomplish this but didn't make it happen without a stop on a downtown curb to appease a screaming hungry baby boy. I documented the moment and find this picture is a great explanation of my life right now. Craziness! I love love love to blow and go. I also love love love to sleep. But it seems the more children I have the less I'm able to do these fabulous things. I really don't understand where time goes. Here's how my day has gone today.

12:50 a.m. - Gaines woke - feed and pump

1:50 a.m. - Gaines still bright eyed and bushy tailed and won't go back to sleep

2:15 a.m. - Scream out a random cuss word to make sure Clay is aware I'm still awake

2:30 a.m. - I gave up and put Gaines on my chest to sleep (Something I said I would never do...whatever!)

3:00 a.m. - Lola comes into our bed (nightly routine)

4:30 a.m - Gaines wakes again - feed and pump

5:05 a.m. - Sleep (FINALLY)

6:45 a.m. - Alarm goes off. Time to get up to get Lola ready for school and me ready for doctor appt.

7:50 a.m. - Feed and pump

8:20 a.m - Out the door

8:35 a.m. - Drop Lola off at school

9:00 a.m. - Doctor appt.

10:55 a.m. - Leaving doctor

11:20 a.m. - Home again - Feed and pump

12:20 p.m. - Ingested a lean cuisine (Yummy! Not really but all I have time for)

12:30 p.m. - Out the door to run errands which includes picking up contacts

2:00 p.m. - On curb downtown feeding Gaines

2:30 p.m. - Finally able to pick up contacts

2:50 p.m. - Home - pump

3:20 p.m. - Leave house again to head to grocery store. Didn't make it to the store as I ran into neighbors and talked to them for 30 minutes.

4:25 p.m. - Pick up Lola

5:00 p.m. - Home again. Put Lola on big girl potty, jump in stroller and head to Amy's Ice Cream. We needed a treat! I documented us sitting on sidewalk eating our ice cream.


6:00 p.m. - Home again. Feed and pump

7:15 p.m. - Lola getting tired. We start getting ready for bed and I realize no leche. I knew there was a reason I needed to get to grocery store today. Ran out to gas station to get leche.

7:30 p.m. - Read books to Lo

7:45 p.m. - Put Lo to bed

7:53 p.m - Head back downstairs for more leche

8:40 p.m. - Finally get baby girl to sleep

Now, I sit here pumping while I write this blog. I wonder what the evening will bring??? More pumping and feeding I assume! This is why I consider myself a human milk machine. Ironically I feel more like a cow due to the lack of weight loss and the flab/mush all over (another blog in it's own self). Seriously...this is my day! Notice I didn't really get anything done. Also notice no naps in there. Gaines is not much of a sleeper (again, we'll have to talk more about this in a future blog). Now, it's about time to go to bed (I purposely use the word "bed" vs. "sleep" as I don't really get that) and start the whole thing over again. I don't understand.... Why in the world is this the only thint my days consist of?!?!?!? Before I continue my complaining, I'm here to let you know I realize I'm on maternity leave and my main focus should be Gaines and Gaines only but I'm selfish and I need to do some things for myself in order to keep my sanity. Of course, lately I haven't been able to squeeze in anything for myself. Oh what I would give for a pedicure, or a child free happy hour or a child free yoga class or even enjoying an adult beverage at home without having to worry about when I have to pump next. I'm tired of looking at the dang clock. This is the point where I look forward to going back to work so I can have some adult time (again selfish I know). However, I'm not looking forward to returning this time as I work from home and I'm tired of being inside this house. Kind of crazy that I would love to have an office to return to but I don't so I'll have to find other ways to have that lovely "adult" time that I'm craving so much. The saga continues.....

I actually have some good/fun things to post but just haven't had time to get to that...bad I know. I hate that I'm constantly using the term "don't have time"....so cliche... Ugh! But really...I tried all day yesterday to write Thank You cards. I was able to get the cards out and to the coffee table but never got them written. I'm actually not as crabby as I seem....this is just my reality right now! Toodles!

No comments: