August 16, 2012

Cuts & what nots...

So I promised yall I would start posting some updates on the kiddos. Well, lately, hair has been the big thing.  Yes, hair...even with everything going on:)

Lola has always wanted to keep her "long beautiful hair" as she calls it.  I call it "long & stringy".  I've been begging her to go with me to get a trim.  She went with me a couple weeks ago for my hair cut and while we were there decided nope she didn't want a hair cut b/c she wanted to keep her "long beautiful hair"...again "beautiful" was a bit of an overstretch. Ok...so in the meantime, she took it upon herself to give Gaines a little trim of the bangs...with ummmm "child proof" scissors I must add...


Long and adorable shaggy bangs turned "dumb & dumber" style bangs (the movie - Jeff Daniels...identical cuts) .

Alright, so lets jump forward a week or two.  I decided it was time to go get Gaines his first real trim at the barbershop to help weigh out the short bang look and while we were there, Lola decided she wanted not only her hair cut but she wanted it "like her Mommy's hair".  The result...


Well, Lola thinks she's a little superstar now (unless she's mad at me and a couple times I've gotten the whole "I don't want my hair like my Mommy's anymore" line & "I want my long beautiful hair back").  Anyway, it is adorable and SO much easier to keep up with now.

Now, lets move forward another couple of weeks to this week.  Well, when I went to get Gaines hair trimmed at the barber, I kind of chickened out and only had them cut about an inch.  I SO love his long curly ginger locks and just couldn't do anymore.  Lately, with the "buster brown" bangs as a friend calls it, the "party in the back" had gotten so long that it was a bit out of control.  I got home Sunday from the lake and decided it was time for a "real" trim.  Unfortunately, I left this in the hands of Clay (thinking he would be super conservative) and he just started chopping....chopping, chopping and chopping, then I tried to fix and all of the sudden I panicked b/c we got this...


Have you ever in your life seen anything quite like this chili bowl-esk hair-do....goodness gracious!  I've been a little devastated but I do know it will grow back.. In the meantime, poor thing....really! 

Moral of the story...don't try to cut your own kids hair!

No comments: