November 18, 2009

Cutie pa"tooty"!

Hello all. It's been two weeks since my last post and I can't believe it! I've had many request to hurry up and post another one but as much as I wanted to it just hasn't happen. Work has been very very very very busy and I feel like I can't think straight on a daily basis, therefore, this has affected by blog writing. Not only that, but I've been a under the weather a bit lately or as Lola would put it...I've been "sicky". Enough of my whining about being busy and sick...you certainly don't want to hear about that....blah, blah, blah right?!?!?! Anyway, I'm back and I'm going to try to keep my posts up and going. However, I have a conference call at 8:30 a.m. so I have to hustle. I thought I would quickly tell yall all the new things Lola has been saying. She is a quirky little baby that's for sure....

So, the other night, Lo was squatting and straining her face real intensely as if she was going #2. I asked her "Lo, are you poopying". She turned to me and answered in the sweetest most serious tone "No, I tooting". Hence the title of the blog. I just started rolling laughing! And, it was true....she wasn't poopying....she was just tooting. She's learned the word "toot" through us of course. It all started when Bella or Lady Bird would make a funny noise and Lola would ask "What's that Mommy". I would say "Bella is tooting". Now Lola's learned to put the word "toot" to use...lovely! After that one time, every time Bella or LB make the funny noise Lola will say "Bellas tooting" and I'll just answer "Yes". Oh goodness!

She's also picked up on some of mommy and daddy's bad language. In order to keep this blog family oriented, I'll steer clear from actually typing out the words. And, please don't judge us as parents by this (or do). We realize it's wrong and we're working on it. Anyway, here it goes...I have a tendency to say "Oh Sh!t" fairly often. I try not to use this phrase but at times it seems to accidently pour out of my mouth. Well, one day when we were in the car Lola very clearly blurted out "Oh Sh!t"...nice! I'm not kidding it was loud, clear and alarming. I quickly figured out that we need to watch our language at all times around Lola. One time isn't that bad right!?!?!? I thought we had it under control until my dad came in the other day and said "Amy, guess what Lola said?"....I guessed it right off...she was randomly spouting "Oh Sh!t" over and over...Ooops!

Oh and it gets worse. So, I was traveling most of last week. I left Sunday and didn't get back until late Thursday night. Unfortunately, with Clay's work deadlines, it was a horrible week for me to be gone. On top of the already hectic work schedule, Clay found out on Wednesday morning that Lola's school was closed for Veterans Day. The only choice he had was to take Lola to work with him....I can only imagine how well that went. Anyway, by Wednesday, it's safe to say Clay was at his wits end. Thursday morning Clay called and told me a little story. He said him and Lola were in the car and a truck pulled up beside them and Lola blurted "F#cking truck...F#uck!!!". Ummmm....can you believe it!!!! Do you think she spent too much time with Daddy last week???? CRAZY! When I first heard this I couldn't help but laugh but then I thought "THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!". Needless to say, it's more clear than ever that we have to watch everything we say around Lola. I like to call her our little parrot because she repeats everything...obviously regardless if we want her to or not.

Speaking of parrot. Since Lola prefers to call me Amy over Mommy, I said to her last night if she won't call me Mommy would she please call me "Super Mommy". It worked...she called me "Super Mommy" all night. Kind of funny and obnoxious but sometimes you have to have fun with it. Then as the night proceeded on, I felt like I was getting on Clay's nerves which is nothing out of the ordinary (maybe it was the Super Mommy thing...I don't know). I said to Lola "Lola, I think Mommy is irritating Daddy". She immediately turned to Clay and said "Clay, Is Mommy irritating you?" Thought that was pretty funny and a very quick response from her. He answered "Yes!".

Lo is also going through this phase where she likes things to be real quite. Unfortunately, everything is loud at our house so this isn't working out for her very well. Anyway, if we turn on the TV or radio or anything she'll say "Too loud" and wave her hand basically demanding us to turn whatever it is down and/or off. We hear this "Too loud" term all the time now. Literally, any little noise and she's likely to say "Too loud". Yesterday we went to Target and they were playing music. As expected, Lola said "Too loud!". I explained to her that I don't have the capabilities to turn the music down at Target so she would just have to deal with it. She decided to embrace it and just started dancing around in her basket....the girl has some moves!

Another thing...every day when I pick Lo up from school I'll say "Lola, what did you do today at school?" She ALWAYS answers "Payed ouside with Charlie and Phia (Sophia)". She'll even say this when it's been pouring raining all day and it's clear they didn't play outside. When she says this I'll say "You did? Are you sure? Because it was raining all day today...you must have gotten real wet didn't you???" and she'll give me a real sweet "Yea". However, we had a turning point yesterday...when I asked Lola what she did at school she said "Payed with Charlie and Phia...too cold to pay outside". I was very proud of her for telling the truth. Not that she was intentionally lying before but this is a big step for her to change her story and tell me what she actually did right?!?!?! For some reason, this was a proud moment for me.

Lets see...what else has Lola been saying and doing lately. She can say the months of the year...January all the way to December. She always ends it with a big "AND DEcember!". We were in shock the first time we heard it as we didn't know she knew the months of the year. Once again, Clay and Lola were in the car and apparently she just busted out with them. Clay called and said "Umm, did you know Lola knows the months of the year?". I of course answered "No" and he said "Well, she does". Amazing. I wonder what else she knows that we don't know about. Clay also plays this fun game with Lola and he'll say "Lola, What's the capital of Russia?" She'll yell "Moscow". Then he'll say "Lola, What's the capital of Egypt?" She'll yell "Cairo". Then, he'll say "Lola, What's the capital of Turkey?" and she'll yell "Istinbul" (This actually isn't the capital of Turkey but when we learned the capital is actually Ankara, we figured it would be too confusing to change it all up). Now, I would love to say my child is a walking genius but she clearly has this routine memorized. The reason why I know this is b/c if Clay switches it up and asks the capital of Egypt first, she'll get a little confused and answer "Moscow". That's ok...at least she's still getting some geography lessons. The great part is I've actually learned some capitals myself in the process. Woohoo!!!

I posted this pic today as Lola looks so sweet and innocent in it. Of course, based on some of the stories above (i.e. the cussing), everything that comes out of her mouth isn't always sweet...this is obviously due to her own parents doings/teachings (we're working on it). But, even leaving the cussing behind, Lola has figured things out and at times is intentionally up to no good...you know, testing us. That's ok though...it's all part of the learning process!

Well, I just got yall all caught up in one big post! How about that!!!

No comments: