December 29, 2009

Back to the basics...

Lo posing in her hat! She loves the pose these days. This is the face we get when we say "CHHHEEEESE!"

Lo and Clay both posing in their hats.

And, now she's ready to go...off to escuela...


Please note, as I write this blog, Lo is whaling upstairs....love the terrible twos so far. We'll get back to this....

We completed Tour de Texas and had a great holiday! Loved spending time with family, the gifts were fabulous, the food was fabulous and the company was fabulous. Even though we were crammed into the Passat like sardines w/ one dog in my lap the drives actually weren't as bad as I had anticipated. Anyway, we're back now and getting geared up for the next holiday....New Year's Eve...Woohoo!!! We have a old friend coming in town from Arizona. We haven't seen him since Clay graduated from Columbia so we're very excited for him to come in town to see what Austin is all about. We're also planning a huge HOORAH at our house on NYE. There will be lots of friends, food, movies, etc. We're renting a huge projector and will be playing great abstract movies for the holidays. I think we'll even have a firework show when the clock strikes 12:00 a.m....we're not messing around! Here's the fun evite:

Now, back to the terrible twos thing I mentioned above. I shouldn't say this about Lo as she is actually very good. Every so often she'll throw one of those lovely fits but for the most part, she is great and I have no complaints....except for at night. I titled this blog "Back to the basics" as I feel this is what we'll have to do asap. Lola has started waking up during the night again and I'm EXHAUSTED!!! I think our bodies are cut out for this when you have a newborn but when you have a 2 yr old doing this...not so much!!! I don't know what to do. I mean it's bad when Lola woke up more than Baby Curry (2 1/2 weeks old) at my parents. Basically, she wakes up every night and then wants to come to our bed. At that point, we have me, Clay, Lo, Lady Bird and Bella all in our queen size bed. Lola is usually shouting "Lady Bird, No...get down" as she doesn't like Lady bird to be touching her feet. Last night Clay was getting in bed and he said "It's like freaking Noah's Arc in this bed". I started rolling laughing silently as I was too tired to laugh out loud. But my silent laughter quickly came to a halt once I discovered I would only have about 4 inches of bed and had to roll up in a ball to try to fit on the little space I had. It was unsuccessful! I finally got up and went downstairs to the guest bedroom to sleep.

Before going to bed last night I did my research on this to see if there was any possible hope. Amazingly this is a common problem. But, here's the deal...anytime I would do research when Lo was an infant, there were always several options/solutions for whatever it was I was researching. For a toddler, not so much. I feel like you're basically out there on your own as they all say "each toddler is different". I think the main "solution" that came out of my research is maybe she's ready for a toddler bed. I'm not ready for that and I don't think she is either so we'll have to go to option #2 which is I don't know. Anyway, they did mention the cry-it-out or Ferber method but frankly I feel she is too old for that. I never 100% agreed with these methods in the first place, but I also feel Lo would be very hard to train at this point as she is a lot smarter plus she has some stubbornness in her and she is so sensitive. I thought it was hard and somewhat cruel to do it back in the infant days but it would be REALLY hard now when she would know we were intentionally leaving her there to cry. Oh no...that would be too hard! So, with that, I have NO clue. Goodness gracious!!! For now, if this is what we'll have to deal with, we may have to bite the bullet and get a king bed. This would at least help the excruciating back pain I feel right now. As usual, will keep you posted...

The pics posted today were from a couple weeks ago when I was out of town. Lo wanted to play dress up before school. She pranced around like she was Miss Thing and Clay was able to snap some pictures. Even though we lack in sleep these days, at least she always wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed.


Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: