July 15, 2009

Great father/daughter moment

I just hate that I wasn't able to get a blog out last week or this week for that matter. So much has been happening! Little Miss Lola gives us something new to laugh and boast about every single day. It's just amazing! I feel like I want to freeze time and stay in this stage forever...it's just too much fun! So, I'll have to give you the low-down on everything new with little Miss Thing. Also, Beans and Uncle Adam are taking some vacation days and are spending some time with us this week. Unfortunately, I may not be able to get to all of that today. Too much to do and too little time. However, I will talk about a new "phase" Lo has been going through as it's been tough on both me and Clay.

Lately, Lo has really been favoring women...specifically me. Obviously, I love the fact that she wants to be with me all the time...hugs on me, kisses on me, plays with me, etc but her time she wants to spend with me has continued to become more extreme and I think (actually I know) it's really starting to hurt Clay's feelings a bit. He is such a good dad and makes a point to spend quality time with Lola every day starting from the minute she wakes up. Once Lo wakes, Clay takes her in the bathroom with him while he gets ready, then he drops her off at school. Although Clay has to work long hours, he always makes it home to spend more time with the baby girl (even if he has to go back to work afterwards) and my favorite part is he puts her to bed every night.

Well, lately, every time Clay picks up Lo to start winding her down for bedtime she goes NUTS. Screaming at the top of her lungs and reaching for me saying "MERE'YA, MERE'YA, MERE'YA". Clay finally gives in and lets her run to me. This has been a huge change and it's really been disheartening for Clay. She's actually been better when he takes her upstairs and away from me but it's been a tough couple weeks. In addition, if I leave the house for a bit, Lo has been known to scream the entire time...just lays on the floor and is inconsolable. It's actually real sad. What do you do about this???? Man, it's been rough...specifically for Clay!

Anyway, I'm sure this like all the other phases will be short lived but it's been hard on both of us. So, in honor of Clay, I thought I would post some pics of Clay and Lo having a great father/daughter moment. Lo loves to swing! She is usually yelling"weeeee, weeee, weeee" the whole time.


No comments: