August 15, 2009

I'm haunted...

I'm haunted! By the Twilight series. I know I've referenced these books in past blogs and they are literally haunting me. Why? Well, I can't read anything else until I finish them. Oh, I guess this is part of my obsessive behavior. So, I finally finished New Moon last night. The 2nd book in the Twilight series. It was ok. I hear the last two are fab so I knew I had to get through it in order to move forward to the next one. Do you want to hear how it ends??? Well, there were obviously vampires involved and werewolves and Edward and Bella end up back together happily ever after...imagine that!!!

Anyway, I'm alone tonight. Clay and Lo went to visit his parents in Baird. Clay's dad recently had open heart surgery so they went to Baird to check in on everyone and help out for a day or so. Unfortunately, I had to stay back for a couple reasons:

1) I had to run 5 miles this morning. I've really been slacking with my running so I knew I couldn't miss another weekend run. I was so happy to meet three girls that I clicked with wonderfully and we will be true running partners for the next couple months as we prepare for the half marathon. Then, hopefully the full marathon.

2) I have to work. Yes, work on the weekend....Ugh!!! Lola's school was closed on Thursday and Friday for staff development so I had to miss some work unexpectedly. I didn't want to take vaca days so I decided to make up the hours this weekend. I got 5 hrs in today. Woohoo! I'm very proud of myself as it is not easy to force yourself to work on the weekend. I need to work another 6 hours or so tomorrow...then I'll be caught up and ready to start the work week off right on Monday.

Now it's Saturday evening and I'm winding down for the night. I can't remember the last time I had a night alone. It's been ages. Maybe before Lo was born. Well, there was one other time but I was sick throwing up so that doesn't really count. So, what are my plans??? Well, I'm going to kick back, watch the movie Twilight for the fourth time (Yes, I know...obsessive! Did I ever tell you I watched Sweet Home Alabama in the movie theater 7 times...Yikes...obsessive again! Where do I get those from??? I think my dad) and get pumped to start reading Eclipse (3rd book of the series). I'll end the night reading and being haunted by gorgeous vampires and werewolves. I hope to blow through a couple hundred pages tonight!!! I have to say this is a fabulous way to spend an evening.

No comments: