April 13, 2010

The story of our weekend...

What a weekend! It's been a long time coming but we finally had one of those weekends where we had no plans. This meant we could wake up Saturday morning and do whatever the heck we wanted to do. It also meant we could get a lot done around the house. This type weekend is very far and few in between but it sure is nice to have ever so often.

So, what did we do? Well, we started the weekend off like we do every weekend which is wake up first thing and head to the Farmer's Market downtown. There is nothing better in my opinion. We can enjoy the beautiful weather, enjoy our great town and get all of our local/organic meats and veggies for the week. Not only that but Lola loves going out there. She can run around free and play while we shop.

Lo was walking and swinging all at the same time. We were trying to get her to pose for a pic but that just never happens. One thing I LOVE about pregnancy is you don't have to suck in your stomach. Woohoo!!!
Lola and her daddy going to get some fresh beef.

She's helping us carry the veggies. She walked around with either brussels sprouts or strawberries most of the time.
More fam fun! Lo's new fav thing is to hang out upside down. Strange I know. Not really sure why but she's constantly asking to be in this position.

Now it's fussy time which translates into nap time.

Then, we woke up from our nap and headed down to the the Hot Rod festival on South Congress. This was a blast in an interesting way. There were bands, drinks, food, old time cars everywhere (my fav was the Griswold car in pic below...made me laugh), dancing and GREAT people watching.

We hung out for a few hours and watched a couple rock-a-billy bands. Lola loved them. She danced around everywhere. After that, we went shopping and I found this adorable vintage Born to Dance rockin' dress. Love it! I also loved this "Go to hell" look Lola gave me when I was trying to snap pics of her new dress. I thought it would only be appropriate to end the blog with it.

Oh how I love weekends like this! Can't wait for the next one....

No comments: