April 30, 2010

New escuela pics

As most of you know, Lola has been in daycare since she was 3 months old. With this, about every 6 months, Lola gets the infamous school pics. I've tried to post them along the way but I think I've probably missed some. To me, these pics are absolutely HILARIOUS! Seriously, they never let me down and seem to always make me laugh. I know one day Lola will love love love having these pictures in her collection. I still love going back and looking at all my studio pics.

Lola recently got some updated school pics. I've been in Jacksonville, FL all week and got back late last night. Lola woke me up first thing this morning (6:20 a.m. to be exact) with a funny looking bag on her arm. Although I was exhausted, I couldn't help but laugh hysterically when I saw the bag she brought into me. I said "What is that?" She said "It's my lunch bag!" with great pride. It was a little lunch bag with her most recent school picture on it and this little girl was VERY proud of this bag. Oh how great it was to not only return to Lola and Clay that I missed so much but also new school pictures....YEA....one of my favorite things!

As I was looking at the new pics, I thought "These are pitiful!". I mean seriously...they don't even look like her. You definitely don't see her fun spirit in them. BUT, I still love them because they are just flat out goofy. The poses alone are enough to send me into hysteria. For some reason, this prompted me to start going through all the other school pics too. I don't know...maybe b/c I have a kicking baby in my belly and I can't believe that it was over 2 years ago when Lola was in my belly. I hardly remember being pregnant with Lola anymore. It's like it wasn't a reality. Weird huh? Where does time go? Where is my baby girl? Oh goodness. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to go back and post the pics Lola has had along the way. They are all just too funny in their own way. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Lola's 1st school picture - 9 months

I was traveling and Clay dressed her...can you tell??? What about the hootis hair flailing out on her head? Have you ever seen anything quite like it. Oh goodness...I can hardly take it!



Lola's 2nd school picture - Approximately 13 or 14 months when this was taken.

Again, Daddy dressed her. How pitiful is that little face?!?!?! She's absolutely terrified. I don't blame her....I too would be terrified if I had a weird looking mushroom and scary squirrel lurking around behind me.

Lola's 3rd school picture - Approximately 18 or 19 months

(I can't believe I haven't been writing ages on the pics)

Again, gotta love the background. Seriously, where do they come up with these? The photographer needs to know that we're no longer in the 70s and Olan Mills Photography just isn't cool anymore. Do yall remember Olan Mills??? If you were born in the 70s, we all had pics there at one point. Believe it or not...I think they are still around. I love the hand resting on the pumpkin pose! Definite Olan Mills style. Oh and the leaves...seriously!!!

Lola's most recent school pictures - 2 years old (26 months)

I was in shock when I saw these pics. They don't even look like Lola to me. How did they get her to do this half smile? I've NEVER seen her smile quite like this before. And, how did the photographer manage to make her big beautiful blue eyes look small and gray. Plus, you can't see the fun loving vivacious Lola in these pics. Where is she???? Finally, what in the world are the poses?!?!?!? More Olan Mills style photography. I can't believe they subjected that poor thing to this. OMG...just pitiful! Right?!?!?!? It kind of breaks my heart and makes me giggle all at the same time. I'm almost speechless...


Oh how glad I am that we will always have these pics in our collection. They really show how much she's changed over the past two years. Your really gotta love them! Hope they make your day like they made mine! Happy weekend!

1 comment:

joyrope said...

Amy, I think she looks absolutely precious!! My little baby doll looks sooooo grown up and innocent!! Ha!Ha! Look at those sweet little hands! Just makes you want to squeeze her and that little bag of hers! I can just see her with it! I miss y'all terribly! Love you! Mom