January 14, 2011

The long lost wedding ring...

Have I ever told yall the story of my dad throwing away my wedding ring???? And no, this is not a joke or a made up story...he really did! To this day he won't admit it (b/c I don't think he believes he did) but he did. I won't get into the details but lets just say my dad has some "cleaning up" issues (my mom's pet peeve). His cleaning efforts are lets see...ummm...very rash (to say the least) which includes but not limited to lots of quick cleaning, sweeping things in the trash without knowledge of what's actually going into the trash (like my ring), banging around, etc. Of course, my dad would say..."He's getting the job done".

Anywho, I've been using my wedding band for years. Replacing my engagement ring which was "allegedly" thrown out in a "rash" clean up effort on a fam vacation in Colorado in 2003 (I think??) has not really been a priority. Just haven't been willing to dedicate the money that would go into it. And now that we have two kids, replacement of the ring has dropped even further down on the priority list...it will likely be years. However, when I get to that point, I want to have a ring made. My mom ever so graciously handed down a ring to me that's been in the family for years. One day I hope to use those diamonds to design and make my "dream ring"! Again, won't be happening anytime soon so in the meantime I've been looking around for a temp ring (been doing this for years) and trying to find that perfect fit (for now) and I think I finally found a winner! Look at this fab ring by Low Luv...


LOVE!

What do you think??? Is this a keeper???

On another note, sorry no updated pics this week. It's been a whirlwind of a week with work (can't even BEGIN to tell you what it has entailed) and no time to upload photos. I've just been posting what's quick and this just so happened to "drop" in my inbox this morning (thanks to the blog world, 1:00 a.m./4:00 a.m. Gaines feedings and smart phones). I found this through an old post from Pretty Mommy - http://www.myprettymommy.blogspot.com/ - at 1:00 a.m. (to be exact 12:46 a.m.) this morning. Yes...this is what I do to pass the time in the middle of the night when feeding and pumping. But, I promise next week there will be updated pics of the lovely children. And, there may even be a dramatic blog coming about the current "bane of my existence"...breastfeeding! NIGHTMARE!!! More later....

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

joyrope said...

Great idea Amy! You're right! He really doesn't believe he did it!! Like he doesn't believe he chips all of the dishes.