December 15, 2011

Santa is coming to town...

We've made a couple trips to see Santa this year. The first was this one at Lola and Gaines' International Night program.  Although Lola loved this "Santa" she made us aware that "This was not the real Santa as his beard isn't super white and long" which meant we would have to make a visit to  the "real" Santa too...
Here he is...the REAL SANTA!!! Side note...the polka dot skirt Lo is wearing is a Minnie mouse skirt from one of my old dance costumes.  It has a red sequin belt on the top and also has a tail and suspenders which we removed.  This seems to be Lo's favorite skirt right now. LOVE that she's able to wear it!

On Monday, I picked the kids up a little early from school so we didn't have to fight the torturous lines.  My strategy worked as we walked right up to the "real" Santa.  Lola immediately ran up and hugged him yelling "SANTA!!!". Gaines, at first, gave us puffy lip and cried a bit but then he just gave this stare in which I know he was thinking "Who in the heck is this guy?!?!?!".

Lola had been asking for dresses that twirl and dress up "princess" shoes (ummm...with heels).  We wrote a note to Santa to request these "goods" earlier this month.  In response to this, I (Santa), ordered some dresses that twirl (which includes a righteous petticoat from American Apparel) and the very very tacky dress up "princess" shoes.  OK...so we're all taken care of right?!?!?!?  Nope because this visit to Santa Lola took it upon herself to change up what she was asking for Christmas.  HUH?!?!?!?  As a super obsessive planner, this doesn't sit well with me.  NOW Lola wants a Ariel mermaid type doll thing.  Damn Disney!!!  Lets just say she won't be getting the exact one she requested (b/c we despise the promiscuity of her attire) but we're on a search for a mermaid type doll now.  She'll still get the dresses that spin but since she's no longer asking for the very very tacky dress up "princess" shoes, I've donated those to a child in need.  So even with the last minute change, it will all worked out.

On our "journey" to the mall (I hate malls btw and the word "journey" but still use it), the kiddos also took a train ride where once again I think G was thinking "What the hell have they gotten me into this time?!?!?!?"...
"Let me out!" thinks G.

And they're off...
Happy Holidays all!  I hope to reveal some of our fun Christmas projects we've been working on soon.  Of course, I still have A LOT to make with very few days remaining. YIKES!  I kind of over committed on the whole "Do it Yourself" idea for Christmas this year. Hopefully it all turns out!  Oh, we should have our Holiday cards done this weekend too.  Super excited to see how they turn out.  Yippee!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sure wish I had gotten the Santa pictures at Christmas. I have a feeling, like some of the others, they may be history. Pleeeease try to remember next time y'all come. Also try to collect some for album Brana put together.