December 30, 2011

An obsession with print on print!

I've always been a sucker for fashion/style and going BOLD!  I love that 2011 brought lots of fabulous trends.  One of my favorites is the "print on print" trend. I feel this is something I've been doing for years but have really taken it to another level in 2011.  Specifically, when fall arrived as it brought the opportunity to layer, mix and match.  Here are some images I dug up of some of my "print on print" looks I've been wearing this fall and now on into winter.  Of course, most of them involve animal print because I'm AP OBSESSED!

Top - Antrhopologie, Jacket - Can't remember as it's literally pushing 7 yrs since this purchase but I actually think it was from Stein Mart, Jeans - Nordstrom (2010), Belt - Target (2009), Boots - Free People
This animal print top is one of my faves which I wear several times a week.  I will mix & match it with just about any and everything!

Top & Jacket from one of my favorite local stores Co-Star.
I'm also a little obsessed with dots...polka dots that is. I have fun mixing this shirt with bright jeans, scarves of all prints & colors and I really love mixing it with this textured "velveteen" jacket.

Animal print top - Anthropologie, Stripe top - Francesca's (2010), Jacket - H&M (2005), Boots - Anthropologie (2010)
I'm pretty much obsessed with this coat which I got at H&M way back in the day when we lived in NYC.  I love that it has a vintage look.  Heck...considering how old this sucker is, it will probably soon be considered "vintage".  Year over year I never look for a new coat as this one is ALWAYS my "go to".
Sweater - Strut Austin (2009), Dress - Emerald's (2009),  Scarf - gift, Green Jean - Anthropologie, Boot - Free People
Believe it or not, Lola picked this outfit out for me. I had to tweak a few things but for the most part, this is her creation which I LOVE.  Do we have a future stylist on our hands????

Top - Maya Star  - local Austin boutique (2010), T-shirt - Fossil, Jean - Paper Denim (2008), Boot - Free People
I pair this top, t-shirt and boot with something several times a week. They are all "go to" items in my closet. Love the boldness of the colors and patterns.

Dress - Urban Outfitters (2009), Jacket - Urban Outfitters (2010), Scarf - gift from several years ago, Boots - Urban Outfitters (2010).

I guess you could say I was having an Urban Outfitters kind of day.  I bought this dress when I first found out I was pregnant with Gaines to help hide the puffy belly.  I kind of forgot about it until last week and it is now another "staple" item to throw on as it's comfy and great to pair with any print or color.

So there it is!  Evidence that clearly I'm obsessed with pairing prints, colors and more.  I will say that one great thing about pairing prints is you can always turn an old piece into a new outfit.  My strategy is to purchase the basics (whether it be dots, floral, animal print or all of the above) and then pair away. And, don't forget....when in doubt GO BOLD!!!