January 4, 2012

Happy 2012!

Wow! It's 2012.  Kind of crazy.  I hardly can believe how quickly time flies.  It seems my baby girl was just born and she'll be turning 4 this year.  And, then there's my baby boy who will be turning 2.  Wait...didn't I just have him???? I mean, I'm still struggling with the baby weight from that pregnancy (note to self...don't let yourself gain 50 + lbs). YIKES!!! The good news is it's a new year so I'll make sure and work on that in 2012!

Last year I started 2011 with a blog that was full of optimism (here). Unfortunately, even with all the enthusiasm it took less than 30 days for everything to start crashing around us.  But that's ok....we've become stronger as people and as a family because of it.  We had a year that included much financial distress (the most ever) but we also had our happiest year ever (as a couple & as a family)....funny how that works huh????

This year we're kicking off 2012 with new projects, a new blog and new dreams (more to come very soon).  Rather than making "resolutions" we will set goals and take those goals one day at a time. If we accomplish them in 2012, great!  If not, then there is always next year to keep trying.

I loved the resolutions/goals we set for 2011 - Read more, Run more, Love more, Want less.  These four simple goals have been hanging on our fridge all year.  They are one of the first things we see when we wake up and one of the last things we see before we go to bed. For now, we'll stick with these and add to them as the days of 2012 come and go. 

Happy New Year all!!!

No comments: