January 5, 2012

Back to the grind!

I had the opportunity to take 10 days off from work.  Well, that included weekends and work holidays but it was more time than I've taken in years.  I found when you have a demanding/stressful job taking time off is interesting and it's still yet to be determined if it's worth it.  Here's how it goes...It takes 4 days to get the stress of work and the idea being away from the office off your mind...then you have a few days in there where you actually feel "stress" free (minus the sounds of screaming kids and all other things in life that bring stress)....then there are the 3 days before you go back to work that you start worrying about all that will have to be done when you return....then there are the two nights before when you get NO sleep due to this stress...IS IT WORTH IT?!?!?!? Despite all the stress of work, etc, keeping in mind we work hard to give our family a good life then I guess this makes it all worth it....right?!?!?!? I just wish there were a happy medium.

Even after taking those days off, I still feel like I need a break.  How is that?!?!?  Maybe it's because the holidays had us running around Texas non-stop.  Then, when we got back it was all about getting everything in order at the home front.  So, once again, I'm at a point where I feel I'm hitting an existential crisis.  I hate these moments and really hate kicking off 2012 feeling this way but also know it will pass. In the meantime, we'll just keep cranking along.....working long days, dealing with the sometimes stressful mornings and evenings, try to sleep when possible (my body doesn't allow this much anymore these days), grocery shopping, keeping house in order, etc....it really does seem never ending and at times daunting.  Thank goodness for moments like these to keep us going....

Climbing fences seems to be one of the kids new favorite things to do these days.
Home Slice is one of our favorite stomping grounds in SOCO. Good NYC style pizza.
Munching down on the good stuff! 
Lo wasn't too happy that G tried to snag some of hers.
Ahhh....the good stuff!
A walk home on a beautiful day in Austin.

No comments: