May 27, 2009

Out with the Mommy, in with the Mammy!

Alright...I'm really frustrated now. I've had some MAJOR technical difficulties over past couple days with the blog. I wrote a blog on Tuesday (over 48 hrs ago) and was ready to post. However, I couldn't post b/c I was having issues getting the video to upload. Well, I finally found another option and got the video up and running and got the blog posted. Then, tonight I was about to post another blog and this blog deleted....I have NO CLUE how this happened. So, to make a long story short, I have to re-write this blog. Of course, it's never as good the second time especially when you write what's on your mind like I do but I'll give it a shot. Ugh!!!

So, little Miss Lola is going through a new "precious" stage where she calls me Amy...ALL THE TIME!!! No more Mommy....just Amy. Clay loves it and thinks it's just adorable. I have to admit, at first, I also thought it was adorable....not so much anymore.

This all started when I was out of town a couple weeks ago. Lola woke up and Clay could hear her shouting from her bed "Amy, Amy...Amy....Amy, Amy". Since that day when she calls for me or when she is talking to or about me she calls me "Amy". Yea...it sucks! I've been called Amy my entire life and I have to say I'm not all that crazy about my very common name. It was such a great moment when I became a mother and such a special milestone when Lola called me "mama" for the first time then "mama" became "mommy" and now here we are today back to Amy....same 'ol same 'ol. Well, to make a long story short, over the past couple weeks anytime Lola calls me "Amy" I respond by saying "Mommy...I'm Mommy...Lola say Mommy". Now Mommy has turned into Mammy (that's Amy with a M in front of it). Clay actually likes Mammy...he even refers to me as Mammy now. I'll continue to work on the Mommy thing but for now I'll have to settle with Mammy.

We had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! Clay's place of business had a Chili Cook off at Zilker park. We had tons of fun!!! Clay's team were called the Chili Willies and they dressed up as Willie Nelson. Clay looked a lot like Willie.....it was kind of scary. Lola had a great time running around playing with the other kids and loved the bounce house. We look forward to the next festivity.

The parental guidance also came in town to visit over the weekend. It was so great to hang out at our new digs and enjoy the fabulous Austin. We'll continue to look forward to more visitors.

2 comments:

Reta Norris said...

Lola is too cute! She was really having a good time!

Anonymous said...

Lo is quite the little character! Mammy! That is too cute. :)