May 6, 2009

Hola Lola temporarily out of service!

I feel like it's been ages since I've posted a blog so I thought I would drop a quick note to let you know Hola Lola is temporarily out of service but will be back in full force soon. Boy...life has been a bit hectic lately....let me recap real quick...

I'm currently in LA. This will be my 6th straight week of traveling for work. CRAZY!!!! Just when I think I'm about to get a travel free week I learn I have to be in Big D next week for a meeting. On top of this, over the past 6 weeks (in between business trips) we've had guests in town every single weekend (Can't wait to show yall pics and tell you about our Crawfish Boil last weekend). We LOVE the company but WOW things are very busy to say the least...this is what we like to call "blowin' and goin'". Basically, I've struggled to find time to wash sheets in between guests...should be a very simple task right? Yea...not so much.

With that, I still have TONS of work to get done. It's a matter of finding the time so I'm squeezing it in where ever I can which is usually my daytime hours and then back again between 8:30 p.m. (after Lo goes to bed) to 11:00 p.m. then I try to squeeze in a little sleep too...why not!?!?!? The worst part is Clay is on the same schedule...he comes home around 6:30ish for dinner, fam time, puts Lo to bed and then heads back to the office for more work. What a man...always home to put his little girl to bed no matter how busy life is. I keep thinking "A break would be great!". But to be honest....I most likely wouldn't slow down. It's weird...I can't slow down anymore...I can't sit still....I have to be constantly going. I actually think I would go insane if I had a day (or even an hour) to myself with no plans...I would go stir crazy. The biggest problem with all the traveling/non-stop guests is I'm not finding the time to exercise and I'm craving it like you wouldn't believe!!! So, next week I'm going to start the 6:00 a.m. runs up again...can't wait!!!!

Today was FABULOUS!!! I was able to visit one of my childhood BFFs Ashley "Cox" Drysdale in Santa Monica. Ash and her hubby, Jono, moved from D.C. to Santa Monica a year ago. They have a new 4 month old baby girl named Stasya....such a happy baby...such a beautiful baby. I believe she is a spitting image of her gorgeous mother. It was so nice to spend the afternoon with Ash and Stasya. We ate lunch, walked up the coast, talked, shopped, hung out on the couch at their fab home, etc...such fun girl time! I really love Ash more than anything. The best part of our relationship is that as we get older we find ourselves becoming even closer (that's hard considering we grew up living next door to each other...every waking and sleeping hour together) and we don't let distance get in the way of our relationship. I really feel a special connection with Ashley and love that she is still a part of my life after all these years.

Tomorrow is a new day. I start my meetings off at 7:00 a.m. sharp and go until who knows when but THEN another one of my BFFs, Elizabeth, who I met in NYC is also visiting LA so we'll get to see each other. Woohoo!!! She is 8 1/2 months pregnant so I can't wait to see her buddha belly.

Anyway, I have lots of updates so hopefully I can find time to kick back and focus on the blog next week....I'll make sure to find the time. Of course, I can't get away without posting a pic of Lo...

No comments: