October 29, 2009

The Super Duper Diva Bachelorette Party

The Girls!

The Wine!

The Fun!


Last weekend was Kristen's Super Duper Diva Bachelorette Party. We rented a limo (it ended up being a massive hummer limo) and we had a fabulous girls day hitting up the South Texas wineries then ended the trip in Fredericksburg for lunch and some quick shopping. The day couldn't have been more perfect!

Kristen & Kevin will tie the knot in 1 month. The exact date is November 28th. We really lucked out when we chose to live in the compound and ended up with such fabulous neighbors. We're so happy to meet and get to know all their BFFs too. I really love all these girls! They are all absolutely amazing and such a blast to hang out with! It's people like this who have made the move to Austin a seamless transition. I feel like I've known all of them forever and will continue to get to know them even more over the years to come. Now, that's a good feeling to have!

Speaking of tying the knot....men are funny. Here's an example: Clay said to me last night "Did you notice I came home during lunch and cleaned the kitchen?". I answered "Yes...thank you" but really didn't notice. I quickly realized that his version of "cleaning the kitchen" is to stack all the dishes in the sink and spraying cleaning product on the counter tops and stove. He doesn't even wipe everything down! This is funny to me. How can he think this is cleaning? Amazing.... When I actually cleaned the kitchen last night meaning I washed all the dishes, put them in the dishwasher, sprayed down the counters and actually scrubbed them to make sure they were shiny clean, I wanted to say to Clay "Now, this is how you clean a kitchen" but I didn't...I didn't want to break his spirits as he truly believed he had helped me out by "cleaning the kitchen" during lunch. I guess every little bit helps!

No comments: