July 23, 2010

Just when I think it can't get worse...

Just when I think it can't get worse, IT DOES!

As you know, I have my good days and bad days but as I continue through this pregnancy the "good" days are far and few in between. As I've said over and over, I just don't feel good and I'm huge which doesn't help the matter at all. The worst part is that I continue to expand despite my efforts to eat reasonably well and get out to exercise when my bod allows. Anyway, I figure my time as a pregnant woman is winding up so I can just continue to tough it out. However, yesterday morning I woke up and things had worsened drastically. How in the world??? Literally, just when I think it can't get worse....

I couldn't sleep so I decided to just get up and try to get some work done. This was around 4:30 a.m. When I got up, I discovered my feet were so swollen that they were actually blue. YES...BLUE...not kidding! It was a REALLY bad day. It was a bit shocking I have to say. Basically I could barely walk. The swelling continued throughout the day. I tried to take a walk around the block to get circulation moving but it didn't work. I finally called the doc and she said to relax and elevate my feet. I did and it helped but I'm still massively swollen and now I no longer have knees or ankles...I have cankles. Do you know what cankles are?

This is a cankle!

Trust me...this image doesn't catch the true overwhelmingly scary sight of the cankle but I tried to give you an idea. Just in case you don't clearly understand what a cankle is, here is the definition from Urban Dictionary:

Noun. A sight common among the morbidly obese. The point at which one is so obese that there is no thinning of the leg between the calf and the ankle, which creates a sense of fusion between the two. Consequently "Cankle" comes from the fusion of CAlf and aNKLE.
Good god look at the cankles on that fat lady!

Yep...this is the definition of my ankles or cankles. And, my knees/legs are doing the same thing. There is no knee to be seen. OMG. This is HORRIBLE! 5 weeks 2 days and counting......

No comments: