July 9, 2010

Lola in action...

Those of you who have hung out with Lola for any length of time know she not only keeps you on your toes at all times but she's also super funny. I mean...the things this child says never cease to amaze me. Like the other day we were going through Target looking for a kite (or as we like to call it - Tar-Shey), Lola all the sudden got VERY excited then she said "Oh, I see something special!" and pointed to this train toy thing. I realize this is one of those moments when you probably have to be there as it's all in the tone but Clay and I both started rolling laughing. It was such an off the wall comment. Where does a 2 yr old come up with something like this...."something special". Of course, after you laugh at her, she wants to keep you laughing so she'll continue saying the same thing over and over and it's usually not as funny the second or third or fourth time. That day she saw many "special" things at Target.

Last weekend was a big weekend for us. I like to think it was Lola's dream weekend. We went to visit our friends Ashley and Mark and their little girls, Isabel (5 1/2 yrs old) and Caroline (3 1/2 years old), down at Lake Inks. There were lots of kids there for Lo to play with. She had a blast! It was so cute seeing Lola following the little girls around like she was 5 yrs old herself. She would even come up to me and say "Mommy, I need to go potty." FYI...not a normal habit for her. Usually, I constantly have to ask her if she's ready to go to the potty and of course her answer is always "No". I assume she was doing this as she saw the older kids asking their moms the same thing. On one of the trips to the bathroom, Lola said to me "Mommy, Isabel and Caroline keep calling me a baby." I said "Well, you need to tell them you're not a baby anymore that you're a big girl." I could tell she thought about this deeply then she looked at me and said "Yea, I should do that." I wonder if she ended up telling them. If so, I would have loved to be there for that moment.

After the lake fun, we headed back to Austin and stopped for a quick cat nap (mainly for Clay as he stayed up late the night before) and then we were off to Fredericksburg for the horse races. Although I'm sure Lola didn't have a clue what to expect, she was beyond excited about the races. She talked about it non-stop the entire trip down. Horsey this and horsey that. She even started talking about the horseys pooping and then cows pooping. At one point she said "Oh, this is going to be CRAZY!!!" with so much enthusiasm in her voice I thought she was going to burst out of her seat and into the sky. Once we got there, she loved it. She chanted "Go horsey Go!" The crowd got a kick out of that. She also helped Clay choose the bets. We walked away empty handed but that's ok, it was great family fun. We can't wait to go back soon!

The horseys are coming...it's easy to see the excitement on Lo's face!

For some reason, I just loved this pic. Lo was scoping out the crowd at the park and trust me there was lots of scoping to be had....an interesting crowd to say the least!

Here are some of the other funny comments Lo has made over the past 24 hrs:

At escuela the other day, Lo's teachers asked her what she wants to name her baby brother. She told them she wanted to name him "Clementine". Makes sense I guess...it's one of her favorite fruits and she also loves the song...ol' my darling, ol' my darling, ol' my darling Clementine. So, last night I asked her again "Lo, What should we name your baby bro?" She said "Clementine" and then she said "No, no, no,no...I think we should name him Munchkin." Random to come up with such a name right?!?!?! Unfortunately, this name is not going on the list.

I flew in yesterday eve from my trip. Clay had a HH to attend so Lo and I were solo. She kept wanting me to get up to do things. This of course is becoming much more difficult these days. I finally said to her "Lo, I can't get up anymore...I'm exhausted". She replied with such a serious tone "Mommy, You're not exhausted, you're pretty!". I appreciated this very sweet comment considering "pretty" is the last thing I feel right now.

At one point later in the night I thought I heard myself from a distance. Lo was playing around with her paints in the bath while I was getting unpacked. All the sudden I heard her bust out with "Oh man! This is unbelievable!" The water had turned bright blue due to the paint and apparently she was fascinated by this. I started cracking up. The "Oh Man" part really got me as I use this term religiously. Literally, she sounded exactly like me. It was actually a little scary...the last thing we need is a mini-me on our hands....Eeek!

This morning Clay and Lo got up just before me. Clay took Lola down to take her night-time diaper off and put her big girl panties on. Obviously, he didn't put her on the toilet before doing this. Or, maybe he did...I don't know. Anyway, she cruised back upstairs where I was and took it upon herself to tinkle all over the floor/rug for no good reason. I said "Lola, Why in the world would you do such a thing? You only tinkle on the big girl potty". A couple minutes later when I was cleaning the mess up I told Lo "I'm very mad at you for tinkling on the rug." She responded by saying "No. You're not mad at me....I'm too cute!" and gave me a little smirk smile. All I could do was laugh. It was kind of true. I guess she has me figured out. Oh goodness...we have our hands full.

BTW...I never made it to my meeting in Louisiana yesterday. My flight was canceled in Memphis Wednesday night and I couldn't get a flight out early enough yesterday morning. With that, Delta paid for my hotel and I participated in the meeting via conference call from the Marriot in Memphis. So, it was basically a waste of a trip. Well, actually it wasn't. As you know, Lola has not been sleeping well lately. I have to say it was pretty awesome to be in a hotel room and get a full nights sleep even if I had to fly all the way to Memphis to make that happen. I was even able to sleep in yesterday morning. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. but then fell back to sleep until 8:00 a.m. It was wonderful! Somebody was obviously looking out for me b/c this peaceful night away was desperately needed.

Attached is a video of Lo riding her bike. Every Wed is Wheels Day at escuela. It's her favorite day of the week! She always wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed on Wednesdays in anticipation for Wheels Day. She still needs some work but she's starting to get pretty good at this bike riding thing. I took this video a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to post it. You gotta love the helmet....Safety first! After last years big crash, she will not get on the bike without it. Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Lola's Sunday Stroll
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free picture slideshow


Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: