July 7, 2010

Rocker is on order!

I'm pretty pumped about our new rocker which is on order now and scheduled to ship out on 9/17/10. Perfect timing for the baby. I didn't have a rocker with Lola. I used the ever so handy yoga ball which actually worked great! Looking back, I don't necessarily feel I needed a rocker but it would have been a definite perk to have one. I wasn't really planning to get one for this baby either. Figured I would just give the yoga ball another go at it. However, I think Clay has been looking for an excuse to order an Eames chair for a long, long, long time. He actually did this without consulting me but I'm thrilled with the purchase.

I'm very happy to announce that I have very few things left on my baby "to do" list. I'm still waiting for the chair and pillows to be done for the nursery. Their in the works now. Once I receive those, nursery/Lo's room will be complete...check! I also stocked up on baby onsies and some cute little outfits for the bambino....check! At least enough to get us through the first month or so. These are two of my fav onsies Minishatsu - http://www.minishatsu.com/. They have some fun stuff!

I also signed up for a cloth diaper service (http://austindiapers.com/) ....check! I'm hoping having a service will make the cloth diaper thing a little easier this round. They basically deliver and pick everything up on a weekly basis. Lets see....Oh, I also signed up for a running group that starts 11/1/10...check! This will be perfect timing for me to get back into the running groove. I'm not sure I'll be ready for the Austin half marathon but I should be able to do a 10K by March and will look for a late Spring half marathon to run. Woohoo!

I still need to invest in a changing table for downstairs. I figure I can get a cheap one at Ikea. Then, we'll need to get some new bottles (all glass this round) and I also need a new play mat. I'll get all this at http://www.giggle.com/ to keep it easy. Other than that, we're all set for baby G. Yea! Oh wait...other than a name or a list of names. Hmmmm...I guess we'll need to talk about that at one point. Or, we can always save that task for the hospital...will give us something to do. I can't believe how organized I've been this round. It feels really good!

Also, I have more great news. I've switched up my vitamins and it seems it's drastically helped the way I feel both emotionally and physically (other than the pre-term labor scare last weekend but that's a whole other story). With the change, I think I'm much more pleasant to be around. I know I can deal with myself a lot easier now. It's actually been just over a week since I last shed a tear. That has not happened this entire pregnancy. What a relief! If only I would have figured this out about 7 months ago that would have been awesome. It could also be that I'm starting to see the light and just becoming more optimistic. Either way...I'll take it!

Heading of to Louisiana today...will be back late tomorrow night. My last business trip before I'm grounded for good. Hope to post some more Lola updates later this week! She has been full of funny funny comments lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the rocker! Can't wait to see the finished room!