July 14, 2008

It's a heat wave



Oh the heat this year....this is almost too much for me to handle. It is so HOT...and the heat wave seemed to come early this year. Maybe I'm wrong about this and just don't remember how hot summers are in Big D. Am I wrong? Either way I seem to be complaining about it all the time which I hate but I really can't get over it. To make matters worse, our house doesn't cool down very well. I'm not sure but I'm assuming it's the floor to ceiling windows that surround our living room. It's been rough for us as it doesn't get much cooler than 80 degrees in our house during the day and our a/c is running constantly so you can imagine what our electicity bill looks like. It's all very depressing. We're having the a/c checked out tomorrow and we're also going to look into the e film that insulates windows and supposedly keeps the heat out....we'll see. In the meantime, I guess we'll continue to sweat it out and have jaw dropping electricity bills. I can't wait for September to get here...

We had a fabulous weekend. Lola sat up on her own....we were so happy for her!!! It's funny how it happened....we were sitting on the playmat playing, I let go and she just stayed. I couldn't believe it. I yelled for Clay to come in and see. We immediately started clapping and praising her for tackling a new milestone. When we did this, she got all excited, started waving the arms uncontrollably and toppled over. It was too cute! I'm going to try to catch some video of it this evening. Hopefully I'll be able to post something tomorrow.

Attached are some pics of Lo playing in her exersaucer. When we were registering, I wasn't so sure about the exersaucer thing. I was fearful that all of this "stuff" that you are "suppose" to get was too much for the baby and they aren't ever forced to play on their own, therefore, limiting their imagination and their ability to entertain themselves. But I've quickly found that we love the exersaucer (must have #7) and so does Lola. Unlike the baby swing, we're ok with putting her in the exersaucer b/c she is able to explore and learn and at the same time we're able to get things done around the house. When we're not playing with Lo, she basically goes back and forth between the playmat and exersaucer. She really loves them and they're both great for developmental reasons....way to hit two birds with one stone!!!

Other than that, not much more to say today. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more fun.

No comments: