August 5, 2008

Conked Out

I've FINALLY developed quite a routine. I'm not a big routine person so I'm very proud of this fact. Again, like almost everything else, it's taken 6 months but at least I've got it down now...right? The problem is that my routine keeps me going 90 to nothing and I feel like I never have a chance to wind down. So I look forward to weekends to possible sleep in or even take a cat nap which I love so much. Well, hasn't happen so much lately.

So, my routine consist of this....Monday through Friday I wake up an 6:00 a.m., stumble out of bed (still really hard for me) and walk out the door to meet a friend at the lake. We usually run about 30 minutes in the morning (VERY hard right now with the heat). Soon we'll kick this up a notch. I get home around 7:00ish, jump in the shower, get ready, give Lo and Hubby a kiss good-bye and I'm out the door to head to work.

I've started a new job so I'm getting pretty overwhelmed at work but I manage. I try to leave no later than 5:00 p.m. and I'm out the door again to pick up Lola at school. We play, cook, eat, feed Lola (we'll talk about this more later this week b/c we started baby food and I need advice...another time, another blog) and then put her down around 8:30 p.m. Once we get Lo to bed, I always think it will be time to relax and have "me" time but there is always something to do...clean, wash clothes, get my lunch together for the next day, get bottles ready for Lola, etc. It's seriously non-stop. We usually get to bed around 10:30 p.m. and then I like to read. Once I finally fall asleep it's not long before Lola is ready for another feeding. She usually wakes up around 3:00 a.m. for a feeding....lately this seems to be pretty consistent. On top of this regime, I try to squeeze in 90 minutes of yoga on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. and sometimes Thursdays at 8:00 p.m.

Crazy right??? But, here's the deal...I feel like I really need to do mass amounts of exercise to keep my nerves running smoothly. This is my alternative to medication I guess. But it's hard b/c I don't want to cut out time with Lola so I've worked to find this happy medium. This way, I'm able to exercise and still able to spend just as much time with Lola. But the downfall is I feel I'm constantly on the go so this is why I look forward to the weekends. Of course on Fridays I have to get to bed really early b/c I wake up at 5:00 a.m. and head out to the lake to run with my group. I always hope to come home and squeeze in a cat nap but that hasn't worked lately. I'm usually off to run errands (I LOVE my errands) or play with Lola or once again clean.(BTW...what's the deal with this cleaning thing? Why is it always something?). So, Sundays are usually my big day to try to sleep in and nap.

I've found that pre-Lo I loved to take tiger naps, post-Lo but pre-Lo at 6 months I loved the cat naps and now that Lo is 6 months I find that I'm only able to squeeze in kitty most!!! It's funny seen in the pictures, it appears Clay is still able to squeeze in the tiger/cat naps. Anymore, I'm not able to get Lola to lay down with me to take a nap but Clay is always able to make this happen. Seriously...what's up with that!!! He says his secret is the Tuvan throat singing. Do you know what this is? Google it! Another very funny thing he has with Lo. He does his Tuvan throat singing which she first she is squeeling and laughing and then all of the sudden she'll conk out. It's pretty fabulous! The belly rub always works for him too. But for me, it always seems like when I'm trying to kitty nap, she's up and at 'em and then when she's finally ready to take a nap, I'm up and at 'em. Oh my....I really have to figure out a way to squeeze these naps into my regime. We'll keep working on it. As usual, I'll get back to you with status b/c I know there is a solution to this.

No comments: