August 20, 2008

Hello & Good-bye



I'm not sure why I decided to title this blog "Hello & Good-bye". It just kind of came to mind. I guess it's b/c I'm just checking in to say "Hello" and I can only drop a quick note before I have to say "Good-bye" which will most likely be for the week.

It's been a tough week so far. I've been swamped at work and I'm taking my first business trip as a new mom. I'm in Nashville, TN...woohoo!!! On top of everything else going on this week, I've been sick with a TERRIBLE stomach bug. It's put me out and in bed by 8:30 every night. It's rough and I'm still not feeling much better but I'm just trying to fight through and finish up the week.

I was thinking today that maybe the stomach bug could be related to the anticipation of leaving baby Lo over night for the first time. I swore I wasn't going to do this. We're really good when it comes to keeping some independence. We try to meet friends, go out to dinner and do other things together that are baby free. However, I haven't left Lola over night yet. I never wanted to go this long. I wish I would have done this sooner b/c it's true that the longer you wait the harder it is. Now that I'm here, I'm much better but I have a sneaking suspicion that the stomach problems could be related to my nerves and the anticipation of leaving.

I know this is good for both of us....I like to say it's good for our souls. Lola has become pretty dependent on me so this is really perfect timing. Of course, I want her to love me and want me to be around, but I don't want her to "need" me (i.e. cry when I'm not around, cry when I leave, etc)....I want her to be independent and love to be around other people now and in the future. Hopefully this will help her become a strong woman one day. I know I know...she's a baby and I'm probably over thinking this but I do feel it's good to take some time apart. However, when she sees me tomorrow night, I certainly do hope she is filled with lots of joy...arms waving and all!!!

So, with that, I'm missing our reading time tonight. Clay snapped some pics of us reading earlier this week. Clay and Lo have reading time in the mornings and me and Lo have reading time in the evenings. She really loves it!!! As you can see from the picture, Bella also likes reading time. This dog (aka gorgeous girl) is never more than 3 feet away from Lola...It's almost like she thinks Lo is her baby...it is really sweet!!!

Well, if I'm not able to check in again before the end of the week, I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. We're heading out to Austin for another road trip and we're looking forward to it.

No comments: