August 25, 2008

I'm back on my "A" game

Ok...I'm finally back on my "A" game. It was rough but I survived!!! So, after further evaluation, it seems that my illness I had last week was not related to nerves but it was an actual illness. I'm telling you...it was hard core. It had me down for the count for a good 6 days.

The worst of it was Monday and Tuesday and it was bad. So bad that I really felt like I couldn't function whatsoever. It seriously took a ton of effort to just lift my arms. For those of you that have been pregnant, it felt very similar to the first trimester of pregnancy....nauseous, can't eat, fatigued, etc. Basically, all you want to do is lay in bed.

On Tuesday, I was heading back to work from lunch and was sitting at a red light...well, all of the sudden I just stepped on the gas and went....the light was still red. I didn't realize until after the fact that I ran a red light for no reason. I was completely out of it. It got a little worse and I hit rock bottom on Tuesday night....I won't go into these details but I was up all night and then I had to wake up at 4:30 a.m. to catch a flight. I didn't know how I was going to survive. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I was basically still trying to recover. This is the first time that food was an enemy to me. I LOVE food and never imagined there would be a moment or a week for that matter that I wouldn't want to eat and that it would actually disgust me. Well, it happened. The good news is that I lost 6 lbs. The bad news is as soon as I get my appetite back I'm assuming it will pile right back on.

Clay spent most of last week making fun of me and didn't quite believe that I was sick. If he asked me once he asked me a thousand times "What's wrong with you". Every time I would answer "I'm sick...I know you don't believe me but I really don't feel good". I could see it in his eyes that he didn't really believe me until Friday. We were in Austin and it hit him...the sickness that is. He caught my bug. We were at a fabulous restaurant and he couldn't eat or drink. He felt terrible and it stuck with him. He started feeling a little better last night so it doesn't look like it's going to stick around as long for him but we were both pretty pitiful on Friday night.

Luckily, Lola has survived without catching this evil bug. Maybe it's the fact that the dogs have been licking her face since she was born and this has made her immune system tough as rocks. All I know is she has been happy-go-lucky all week thank goodness. Look how cute she is in this picture with her chubby little cheeks. She is the happiest little baby.

Now that I'm back on my "A" game (it may still be "B" game... "A" game should be here by tomorrow) I hope to blog more this week and update you on a few things. For now, I have a deadline to make today so I have to get going so I'm not stuck at work until midnight.

No comments: