October 28, 2008

We love music



In our little family, we love music and we want Lola to develop the same love . A couple weeks ago at Right Start I found this precious wood animal band set. I didn't attach a picture but they are adorable. In the set, there was a castanet, animal bells, fish noisemaker, lady bug moracas and a zebra clapper. They are adorable. Lola has already started making music.

The music set was made by a company called Sassafras Enterprises (http://www.sassafrasenterprises.com/). I loved it so much that I went on-line to look at their other toys/products. I loved it all!!! Why? Well, I love that they are old-fashioned wood toys. Sometimes (or all the time for that matter) the simplest toys are the best! Another plus is that you don't have to worry about exposure to BPA and pthatlates that is an ongoing concern with plastic toys. And, the number one reason why I love their toys, is that Lola loves them. Our next purchase will be the xylophone and tambourine. Before you know it, we'll have a full blown band going at our house.

We of course think that Lola is already musically inclined. Everytime she digs in her toy box she always goes straight for her music set and shakes away. Here are some more pics of baby Lola playing with her animal band set. We have a lot of fun with this and I recommend it to all!!!







In addition to the musical instruments, Sassafras has so many other great toys to choose from too. Anything from circus push toys to precious lunch bags to cooking sets for kids. One of my favorites is the bug hotel. I remember as a kid running around my neighborhood at night catching lightning bugs and putting them in my little bug holder. It was one of my favorite things to do! This takes me back to those times where everything was so free and all fun. I can't wait for Lola to be able to do some of the same things that I did as a kid.


Another one of my favorite websites for toys is http://www.stewarttoys.com/. You can find all the fabulous classic toys here at a very reasonable price. Check it out!!!

No comments: