January 14, 2009

I'm so far behind...Part III

Alright...I'm doing horrible with this whole blog thing lately. I get so frustrated with myself and it really does eat me up but I just run out of time b/c life is CRAZY! I want to tell you why life is so CRAZY but I don't want to get ahead of myself and spoil all the fun. So, I thought, let me go ahead and post the "I'm so far behind...Part III" which I was suppose to go out over a week ago and then I can post fun/current blogs telling you why life is so INSANE right now. So, lets catch up real quick...here we go

  1. Lo's upper teeth finally came in (Gosh...this has been about a month ago by now). Woohoo!!! It was rough! At times, we could tell it was really painful for her. They are big ones so I can see why. Since the two front teeth started coming in, she does this cute little smile where she squinches her little nose up and just grins with all her might (see pic above). I guess she's trying to show off the new pearly whites. Now the two upper teeth next to the two front teeth are coming in too. So, as long as these teeth keep coming, it looks like we'll be dealing with the on and off fussiness. Actually she's been really good about it...she is such a good baby and really seems to have a high pain tolerance....just like her mama.
  2. Ok...now, here is my FAVORITE! The baby girl has become a very lovable baby. She also loves her "babies". Over the past month or so, Lo has really gotten into her dolls. She'll take the dolls and give them "love"....she'll hug them and kiss them. Then she'll look at the doll and point to her eyes or nose or mouth and then give her another big hug or kiss. She also loves to look at herself in the mirror and "kisses the baby" (this is what we call it). She'll look and then try to peek behind the mirror to see where the baby is and then goes back to kiss the mirror. Clay said the other day (jokingly of course) that he hopes she's not a narcissists b/c she sure does love looking a pictures of herself and/or looking at herself in the mirror and then kissing. Luckily, Lo takes the hugs and kisses and gives them to her parental guidance too. Oh...it melts my heart!!! She'll crawl up to me, crawl up in my lap, wraps her arms around my neck and just hugs....all the time too. I'll say "Lo, give mama a kiss" and she'll open the mouth wide and kiss my cheek or nose or whatever she can reach. I love it!!! I hope she continues to be a lovable baby, then toddler, then kid, then teenager, then adult. I kind of have a hugging/lovable phobia and would hate for her to take after me here. To be determined I guess.
  3. Lola is also going through a phase where she points at everything and makes little "hoo-hoo" noises....sounds a little bit like an owl. Half the time we have no clue what she is pointing and hooing at but we just say "Yes, we see it baby girl" and smile.
  4. Some other miscellaneous things she's started.....plays patty-cake and peek-a-boo. Oh, the peek-a-boo thing is the cutest thing. She'll duck behind the chair and pop out and I say "peek-a-boo" and she'll just start rolling laughing...then she'll duck back behind the chair again and pop back out. Oh, breaks my heart in a funny sweet way just thinking about it.
  5. Lola knows Chinese. Yep...the child is obviously a genius b/c she speaks Chinese. I know you don't believe me so I'll have to make sure and capture this one on video so you can see it for yourself. It's funny!!!
I guess I could go on and on but I'm going to stop. INSTEAD, I'm going to try to stay up to date and post a blog when something fun happens. That way, yall are always up-to-date on everything. But, I'm glad I finally got "I'm so far behind...Part III" out of the way. I have to say I was dreading posting this one in fear that I couldn't remember all the little milestones. And, I was right...I can't remember. So, I did my best and now I'll try to stay on top of everything. It's all so much fun...right?!?!?!

No comments: