January 2, 2009

New Year's Day 2009 - We made it!!!





Well, we made it to 2009. I always love looking back over the year. 2008 was a great year for us. Mainly b/c Lola entered our life but a lot of other good things happened too. I started a new job, Clay accepted a new job and we have survived as parents for 10 1/2 months (quite an accomplishment I must say)

New Year's Eve was fun!!! Of course, you know you're getting old and you're "officially" a parent when you have to leave the party before the clock hits 12:00 a.m. We almost made it but not quite. For us this year, we weren't popping open a bottle of champagne and kissing when the New Year came. Instead, we were bringing Lo home and putting her to bed. We had plans to spend the night at our friends house so we didn't have to worry about waking Lola up and bringing her home at 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. but that didn't pan out. Lola wasn't sleeping well so at about 11:30 we decided it would be best to head home and put her to bed. We still had a great time celebrating the New Year.

And, now it's New Year's Day. How did we celebrate??? Napping. Lola was an angel and decided to extend her normal 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap to 3 hours. Thank you Lola! So, Clay and I were able to take a long wonderful nap also. We put the Christmas decorations up. What a mess!!! I sure am glad to have the non-infant friendly Christmas tree out of the living room. Once that tree went up, Lo was constantly heading for the ornaments, lights, etc...it was a constant chase. We cooked two good meals, ate and drank cold beer. We watched football of course...the games have been pretty disappointing so far this year. But, most importantly, I contemplated the 2009 New Year's resolutions. So, what are my resolutions? I put some thought into it and here they are:
  1. Lose 10 lbs (So stereotypical...right?!?! Everyone has this as one of their New Year's resolutions but it has to be set). I hit what I thought was my "goal" weight (minus the 5 lbs I've put on during the Holidays) but unfortunately I'm still not exactly where I want to be. So, the "goal" weight has changed. I think if I lose 10 more lbs I'll be there. I started running this week and will continue on in 2009. My goal is to run at least 3 times a week (3 to 6 miles and/or interval training) and do yoga once a week. I'll also have to watch what I eat if I want this 10 lbs to come off so starting Monday, the diet will begin. Yuck!!!

  2. Be a better parent. Sometimes I feel I'm not very patient and I want to make a point to be more patient. As Lola gets older and heads toward being a toddler, it gets real tough and your nerves can suffer (Please tell me other mother's out there go through this too and it's not just me!!!). But, I'm going to make a point to take deep breaths and keep those nerves under control. If I do that, I know I'll be a much better parent.

  3. Have a baby. Yep, we think we're ready for another baby. Of course, can you ever be "ready"??? The answer to this is "NO". I've always wanted my babies to be close in age. If I become pregnant within the next two months, that would put the kiddos about 2 years apart...Perfect! Also, I DREAD being pregnant again and I'm just ready to get it over with so I don't have to think about it anymore. Of course, if it's going to happen in 2009, we better get to work quick!!!
So, those are my New Year's resolutions. Not too hard right. Surely I can make all of those happen.

We're getting geared up for the Cotton Bowl. GO TECH!!! We're meeting at a friend's house at 8:30 a.m. and are heading to the Cotton Bowl to start tailgating. I really can't believe that we are starting so early but I guess there is nothing like having an excuse to have a Bloody Mary at 9:00 a.m. Something about that is very exhilarating. It should be fun...keep your fingers crossed that Tech gives us a big win!!!!

We took Lola to see the trains at North Park on Wednesday. This is something we did in my family when I was growing up. We want to make it a tradition to take Lola every year too. She really liked it this year. She pointed and cooed...it was exciting for her. Attached are some pics.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

No comments: