March 17, 2009

Party at the compound

Over the weekend, there was a Big Kid Party at the compound with pinatas and all!!!

How cute is this guy!!! He was beaten to pieces by the end of the night.

Lo munching down on dinner but still enjoying the party

How cute is this smile!?!?!?? Does it not melt your heart. This shows you how much fun she had at the party.Amy & Kristen (new neighbor) - The up-shot is always a horrible shot isn't it?!?!?! Never look good in the up-shot pics!

I mentioned last week that our neighbors were having a party at the compound. Well, they did and it was a blast! I initially thought it was a party for Kristen’s friend’s child since it was a “kid party” but it was actually a “kid party” for adults....a big kid party...Love it!!! I just thought this was too clever! So, there weren't many kids around for Lola to play with (unless you count some of the adults which could probably qualify as kids at points during the night) but she still had a blast and was a big hit.

It’s really amazing how good people can be. We met many more interesting/neat people. And, they were all so sweet to Lola….really…all of them. They didn't mind that a 1 year old was running around the party…they embraced her. It was really great to see this and Lola had so much fun!!! We’ll definitely have many more parties at the compound. Clay and I are ready to start planning a Crawfish Boil in April.

Needless to say, we ended up staying up pretty late on Saturday night. Of course, Lola doesn't understand when we're tired and need to sleep in until at least 12:00 p.m. (actually, this was one of the biggest adjustments to being a new parent...kind of over it now). So, she popped up at 7:30 a.m. bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to go. Clay and I have this unspoken rule that if I get up with Lola on Saturday then he’ll get up with her on Sunday and vice/versa. Well, I didn’t play my cards right this weekend. I “slept in” until 8:15 a.m. on Saturday (not real sure you can call this sleeping in) and Clay got up with Lola so on Sunday it was my day to get up with Lola. Let me tell you….7:30 a.m. came quick and it wasn’t painless…it was actually pretty painful.

Once Clay finally roused out of bed at 12:30 p.m. (Now, this is what I call sleeping in) we walked down to Guero’s ( to grab lunch. We’re becoming quite the regulars at Guero’s....they definitely recognize us when we walk in and I’m fairly certain they will know us by name very soon. After lunch we hit up a few shopping spots and then went down to Joe’s Coffee Shop ( to watch the house band. Totally hip place. The band was great and play every Sunday...Woohoo!!! We were happy to meet more people. Gosh, everyone is so dang friendly here...not even kidding. After that, we went back down to Guero’s to watch another band.

What a fabulous town?!?!?!? I guess they call it the “Live Music Capital of the World” for a reason. Seriously, there is live music EVERYWHERE!!! Oh, it gives me such a good feeling and it's so enjoyable on a beautiful Sunday afternoon to sit out, watch bands, enjoy the weather and be part of a community. Lola just runs around, plays with other kids and enjoys the music along with us. What a way to grow up!!!

We’re ECSTATIC about South by Southwest (SXSW) this week and weekend. It’s basically the Sundance Film Festival for music and will be a riot. We keep thinking we need to pinch ourselves b/c we’re having such a great time in our new town....

No comments: