February 24, 2009

Not quite sure how I'm holding it together....

I'm seriously not quite sure how I'm holding it together right now!!! As a matter of fact, I feel like breaking down in tears as I write that line. I have to say, this packing/moving thing has been tough. It's VERY overwhelming. I think if Clay were here to be my sounding board, I'd feel better about things. He's coming back tonight thank goodness! (Let it be Friday...)

Here's the deal...I've been packing and packing and packing...box after box after box and don't feel like I'm making a dent in any of it. This has been going on for days and the pictures above show you what kind of progress we've made. It's a HUGE mess!!! I guess it's similar to what President Obama and the economist say about our economy right now...."Things will get a lot worse before they get better". I kind of feel the same thing about packing "Things will have to get a lot more messy and "worse" before they get better". I guess at one point it will all come together but I just don't know how it's going to happen in two days. (Let it be Friday...)

On top of this, it took basically an Act of God to get out of the house this morning. By the time I left, there were no less than 20 guys (and 1 woman) working on our house. We're having foundation work done and the roof replaced so it's been crazy (see pic below...roof being replaced). Poor Lola and the dogs have no idea what's going on right now. Hell, I barely know what's going on anymore. I feel like I'm a walking zombie and have just become numb. I want to be able to cry so hard that all the stress would be wiped away but the tears won't come...I think it's the numbness causing this. Now, I'm dealing with non-stop hammering on our roof and the dogs barking. HELP ME!!! (Let it be Friday...)
However, I was able to get into the office today and get everything packed there. It was very surreal as it was the last time I would walk in and out of that office as an employee of that office. To be honest, I tried to get in and out as quick as possible b/c I didn't want to do all the "good-byes". I'm not good with the "good-bye" thing. It's just easier to walk away. I know there is something not right about this but I can't face that right now. The next BIG hurdle will be saying "good-bye" to all the kids and teachers at Lola's school on Thursday. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. (Let it be Friday...)

On top of all of this, I'm PMSing this week. Yuck!!! (Let it be Friday...)

AND, on top of that, I feel like my "mom-flab" is rapidly expanding. I certainly do hope this is due to the PMSing. Huh!!!

On a good note, Lo has been helping us pack (a little). See pics below. She's been a little fussalicious this week too. She was out of daycare for about a week due to our schedules so I think she has been off her game. She's back today so hopefully that will help her get back in a routine....at least for the next 3 days. (Let it be Friday...)

So, things are a bit busy and overwhelming to say the least! Please keep us in your thoughts and hope that we make it through in one piece. Surely we will...right?!?!? I have to say this is one of the top 3 hardest things I've ever been through. OH, PLEASE LET IT BE FRIDAY...

Back to packing now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you all during this tough/stressful/messy/disorganized time! For your sake, let it be FRIDAY already! :)

Hola Lola said...

Thanks Amber. I know yall understand best since you just went through a big move too. At least we don't have the stress of a double mortgage. I love checking into your blog so keep the updates coming. Talk soon!