October 12, 2011

A visit to the Fair!

Well, I promised to do better this week but haven't done so well.  Sorry! Clay left town this past weekend and I made a last minute decision on Saturday to head to Dallas to visit family and didn't get back until yesterday. We had a great time which included time with Tia Molly, Tio Ben and Cousin Doss along with time with my family.  Nice to squeeze it all in one big swoop!  It was also nice to take a day or two break from the lovely job. Of course, now I'm behind so have to get back but here are some pics from our trip to the Fair.


Did I mention Aunt Brana (a.k.a Beans) is 8 1/2 months pregnant and was lugging herself around that Fair.  I'm also always amazed at how little she complains.  I mean....you remember my state of mind - EXAMPLE and another EXAMPLE.  There are more but I'll stop there.


Lola has lost some of her "no fear" attitude.  She only rode one ride and we were off to the games
.

Gaines scoping out the animals.  It was pretty sad seeing all the animals in the small cages.  I had to walk away pretty quickly.

The best part of the Fair...FOOD, FOOD and more FOOD.  I felt sick to my stomach after scarfing down a corny dog, a VERY greasy turkey leg and some brew...YUCK!!!


And finally, the butterfly garden.  Such a sweet experience.  I'm actually excited to go back and go through the entire garden after the Fair is over.


Believe it or not, this is the first time I've been to the Fair since high school I think.  It was fun but I got my "Fair fix" for now and it should last until next year.

No comments: