May 3, 2011

9 months ago today...

Man, I can't believe 9 months ago today my water broke and Clay and I slowly made our way to the hospital (we literally didn't make any quick moves due to the shock) and our little tike, Gaines, was born. Wowsers....it's been 9 months (have I already said that)! I know I say this often but it seems like it was just yesterday....really!

Boy, how this little guy has changed our life! All in a good way!!! I didn't think my life could be lit up anymore but Gaines's has managed to do it. I'm OB-SESSED with him! He absolutely melts my heart on a daily basis.

As we've approached the 9 month point, he's really become vocal lately. Even saying...."Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" and "Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da" and I think he's trying to say "Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba" (bottle).

Gaines is also crawling everywhere. For a while there I was chasing him around trying to make sure he wasn't putting anything in his mouth but I've given up on all that now (second child syndrome) and just let him go for it. There have been a number of occasions when he starts choking and all the sudden spits up some piece of paper or something or other that he found on the ground. Goodness! He can crawl on all fours but he seems to prefer the "army crawl" for some reason. That's okay, it helps give our floors a much needed scrub. I hope to get a video of him crawling up on the blog soon because it's a riot!

He's still just as smiley and happy as ever but he can also get fuss-a-lish! Specifically, when no one is paying attention to him....he'll start SCREAMING and doesn't stop until you give him some attention...then he's perfect. Clay and I say he's like a monkey. You know how baby monkeys always hang on to the back of their mama monkey and just sit there and never let go. Well, that's our Gainesy, he LOVES to be held and just snuggles into your body. He's just like a baby monkey. LOVE!

He's definitely a "Mama's boy" which I thoroughly appreciate. If Gaines is minding his own business playing or eating or if Clay is holding him and I walk in the room, he'll start going NUTS! Screaming for me and throwing his arms up for me to grab him. Or, my favorite is when he gets in the full-on crawl position and will try his hardest to get to me all the while SCREAMING. I love being loved as much as I love loving him so I'm not complaining about this little phase. I've always heard from friends who have boys how having a boy is so different....how the relationship between a mom and their baby boy is unexplainable. I never believed it because my relationship with Lola is so special and I always thought nothing could top it. Well, I'm not saying my relationship with Gaines tops my relationship with Lola because it doesn't but it really and truly is just different. Very different! In a way I can't explain. All you moms out their with boys know exactly what I mean and know exactly why I can't get enough of my baby boy.

Anyway, here is the little guy 9 months ago just after he entered this world.


And here he is today! Wow! How time flies! Before we know it, he'll be walking and talking.

We took this series of pics at ummm 6:30 a.m. on Saturday. Love the American Apparel suspenders. What a little ham he is! Before having our photo shoot, we had already eaten and bathed. Yes, he's an early bird. Even with that, so happy this little guy has entered our life!!!

No comments: