May 19, 2011

Two cities down, one to go...

I made it through quite a hectic week! My week started at 4:00 a.m. Monday morning (well, actually 2:33 a.m. if you consider Gaines waking and the fact that I didn't fall back asleep) then I was off. First stop Houston (layover), then to Pittsburgh.

I have to say I was unexpectedly impressed with the city of Pittsburgh. It was a bit rainy and gloomy but overall I really liked the city. Hopefully our client meetings were successful and they'll result in additional projects so I'll have the opportunity to go back and spend more time there. Strangely, I ran into two people I knew while there. Two people that were totally unrelated to my meetings. Weird huh??? One at the client's office and one at the airport. Totally random I must say! Client meetings ended Tuesday late afternoon, then I was off to the airport again.

One flight later I was back in Houston again (layover) and on to Shreveport and then to Monroe, LA (home of University of Louisiana) for yet another client meeting.

I was not quite as impressed with Monroe as I was with Pittsburgh. Although, it was nice to be back to warm sunny weather. Even though my impressions of Monroe were meek at best, I decided to take advantage of a hour free time I had on my hands and take a tour of the town thinking maybe I could find some hidden treasures. I knew I likely wouldn't be able to find a H&M to make a quick stop shop but thought surely there was a cute little area that had some sort of boutiques. Thanks to the smart phones, I was able to find probably the one area in Monroe that had some fun shops. I only had a hour to hit them up but I made a run for it (literally).

During my search, I found an adorable little boutique called HerringStone's Two Sisters' Boutique. When I walked in I saw they had Free People so immediately knew I was in the right shop. During my whirlwind shopping trip, I found this fabulous Lush green maxi dress.


I'm already pretty much obsessed with this dress! 1) It's my favorite color for the Spring/Summer...GREEN! 2) It's just too easy to slip right on. 3) You can do so much with it. Perfect! Lush is another one of those brands that I seem to migrate towards. I have a number of Lush items in my closet now and they are all items I tend to wear often.

Anyway, my travels didn't end with Monroe. I'm off to Florida on Monday. I'm in the middle of what I like to call "travel hell". The good news is due to all the flight/layover time, I'm almost done with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I'm in the "I can't stand to put the book down" phase right now. Hope to finish it next week during my travels to FL. I have to say Clay is a trooper and does real well with the kiddos while I'm gone. Lets face it, taking care of two little ones on your own (including one that wakes up every 2 hours in the night and one that's a raging 3 year old during the day) is not an easy task!

On another note, I'm SUPER excited about our weekend!


Yes, the time has come again!!! It's time for the Renegade Craft Fair. This really is a craft fair like no other. Let me tell you...just about every vendor is TO-DIE-FOR! This groovy fair only comes through Austin, Brooklyn, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and London. We hit it up both days last year and we plan to do the same again this year! Can't wait to update you on our fabulous finds!

Happy weekend to all!!!

No comments: