May 3, 2011

Here's to hoping May brings more brightness!

I hardly can believe it's already May. Can you?!?!?! April was a very bright and HOT month. As a matter of fact, I just heard April in Austin tied as the hottest April ever in history. Yikes! Lets just hope this isn't a sign of what the Summer has to bring. Anyway, I love when Spring hits as I seem to always have a bright and happy feeling and that's what it's all about! As I was looking back through some of my favorite finds in April, it appears I definitely had all things bright on my mind. I thought I would give a recap of some of my favorite finds for the month of April.

First up...


When I first saw this line I just about fell over in my chair over the love for her stuff. My immediate thought was "I may never put my kids in anything else...only Tag you "r" it from here on out!" Then, reality set in and I realized I have muchos love for many other lines out there. With that said, I'm absolutely loving this line of clothes which are made from recycled, upcycled and other salvaged materials.

Dresses.


Adorable pants!

For the boys!


Another something that caught my eye in the month of April were these totes by New Domestic. They have several different patterns that are all fun and bright. Perfect kind of bag to "tote" to Barton Springs or the lake or even the beach if you're so lucky!


Have you noticed I have a thing for bags and totes!

Onto clothes...

This is one of my favorite dresses I purchased at Part & Labour by Madeline Wood that's full of brightness.

I pretty much try to avoid going into Parts & Labour for fear that I won't walk out empty handed. I also want this dress that just so happens to be called The Lola Dress. I guess I must have now...right?!?!?!

Some more brightness....

I love this Naya 'Alpine' Sandal.

I'm trying super hard this Spring and Summer not to automatically throw on a pair of flip flops every morning. So, I've been on a search for cute yet comfortable shoes. This shoe was a winner in this category. It's adorable and can brighten up any outfit and it's actually a "comfort" shoe. They are amazingly comfortable...literally feel just as good on as any old flip flop.

Also loved these groovy floral sunglasses by Quay Eyeware (no I didn't misspell that) out of Australia.

Finally, where else is better to wear your groovy sunglasses than on a fabulous patio with this furniture I found through the Threshold Furniture blog. Yes, even though I am to "want less", I want this patio furniture in the compound!


Here's to a Happy Spring. And to a fabulous Arcade Fire show tonight also featuring Explosions in the Sky at The Backyard. I certainly do hope May brings more brightness and this is a great way to kick it off!

No comments: