July 12, 2011

Keep it moving...

Sometimes I feel like I'm moving too much and don't give myself enough downtime. However, I find when I give myself downtime (which is rare), I tend to get in a funk. That's why I like the saying above....for me this holds very true.

It's only Tuesday but here's a quick recap of some of the movin' and groovin' going on around here....Yesterday - Woke up at 4:15 a.m. to catch 6:30 a.m. flight to Pittsburgh. Got stuck in Atlanta. Didn't land in Pittsburgh until 3:30 p.m. Missed my 2:30 p.m. meeting. Rescheduled the meeting as a "working dinner". Presented report in about 2.5 hours. Headed to hotel around 9:00 p.m...although beyond exhausted couldn't sleep...couldn't sleep....last look at the clock 12:06 a.m. Alarm went off at 4:45 a.m. (that's 3:45 a.m. Central...Ouch). Caught cab at 5:30 a.m. Caught flight at 7:25 a.m. In Houston at 10:40 a.m. Back to Austin at 12:38 p.m. Went to lunch with the hubby. Back to the office. Conference call in 15 minutes. Then another after that. Pick up kids. Take Lo to gymnastics at 5:15 p.m. Ready for a cocktail but not going to happen as I'm no longer drinking during the week (At this point, the no drinking during the week is not sounding like a good idea). Have to wake tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. to meet some folks for a 5 mile run at 6:00 a.m. Long day full of work deadlines. Playdate at Stacy pool with one of Lo's school friends. Thursday will bring more running (getting geared up for marathon...Woohoo!!!) and more work. Same on Friday. Birthday party at 11:00 a.m. Saturday for an adorable 1 yr old. Heading to Fredericksburg after that to hit the horse races. Staying the night. Back Sunday. Clean house. Laundry. Get ready to start another week. Monday back on a plane again. Off to Kansas City for a meeting. Back Tuesday night at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday morning head to Dallas for meetings. Visit family. Back to Austin Thursday night. Friday morning up early. Heading to the coast for the weekend with friends....I HOPE TO SEE SOME DOWNTIME THERE!!!

Happy Week!!!

No comments: