July 28, 2011

Photographer in the making????

If your toddler is anything like mine, they probably love to play with cameras not realizing that a camera is actually not a "play thing". Lola has had her time with our Canon Elf snapping pictures (See photos below). Of course, I always fear she's going to break something on the camera or change some setting which I'll never be able to reset again (Like she's done with my blackberry every time she gets her little hands on it...one time it was so bad AT&T couldn't even figure out what she did and I had to order a new one...) or delete photos, etc. We have several trips coming up so I thought it was a perfect time to get Lola a camera of her own. After researching, I think this Holga Camera is absolutely perfect for her.
Why this camera?!?!?! 1) Because it's plastic and I think a toddler camera should only be plastic for obvious reasons. 2) Because it's only $29.99 for black or $48.00 for colored - I ordered Lo's in turquoise and it's absolutely adorable! and 3) Because it takes film. I know in our digital world this sounds weird but I think it will be fun for Lo to snap her pictures and then we can take a special trip to CVS to get the film developed. She'll love seeing the pictures printed out. Yes, you can do this with a digital camera too but I think it will be a better experience using the old school film method.

Here are some of Lo's photography moments:


I would say she has a pretty good eye...wouldn't you?!?!?! This should be interesting to say the least but we'll have a ton of fun in the process!

No comments: