June 1, 2011

Love for Madewell!


I have a semi-obsession with Madewell. The list of things I love in this store goes on and on but I'll spare you all the details and keep it simple for this blog. Some of my favs right now at are all their fun denim pieces. Check them out.

These overalls are my absolute favorite! At first I wasn't so sure about the overall trend but now I'm all over it.



I'm also dying over this denim worksuit. Let me just tell you, if it were cooler here in Austin, don't think I wouldn't be sporting these around because I absolutely would. Hopefully they'll still be around for the fall!

And then there's the striped steamboat boilersuit. I'm a sucker for the one piecers.


Another thing I have been loving that's not denim is this belladonna maxi skirt.

As a matter of fact, I was so obsessed with this skirt (I wanted it in black) that after a long stressful day last week, I took it upon myself to drive all the way up to Madewell to make the purchase. I was dreaming of wearing it with everything in my closet...t-shirts, tanks, tucked, not tucked, belted, not belted, flip-flops, wedges, scarves, necklaces, etc. I convinced myself that it would be put to excellent use so was well worth the money. While I was in the process of doing this, I texted a friend and told her "I'm going to Madewell to buy a skirt I can't afford. I already feel guilty about it and haven't even gotten there"....I continued to explain to her the stress of the kids drive me to make such guilty purchases. Her response was quite humorous. She said "Oh friend, at least it's a skirt and not a whole cake!". I loved this! She also has a 10 month old and completely understands the stress these super cute kiddos can bring on.

Anyway, when I got there, the guilt was still a brewin' but I went for the skirt. When I tried it on, it was everything I wanted. I loved it! I had to have it! But, I stopped myself. As I sat there and stared at myself in the dressing room mirror wearing a skirt I absolutely adored, I couldn't justify spending $78 for a maxi skirt. I figured surely I could find one somewhere else for less. I was VERY proud of this moment and the will power I exhibited in Madewell that day (Taylor, Are you proud of me???). Since, I've been successful in finding another black maxi skirt for $19.99. YEA! I admit....it's not as cute as the belladonna skirt but it's also $58 less.

Although I love a nice quality piece, I also know at times, bargain shopping is the way to go. With all that said, even if you can't always afford the Madewell piece you love, it's still a great store to use for inspiration!

1 comment:

Taylor Nichols said...

I'm SO proud of you and now I want to know where you got the one for $19.00, because I think I might need one! Thanks for encouraging us to run this am, I'm having a very productive day!