June 20, 2008

We found toes

PRE-WARNING…I have a lot to say today so this may be a long one. This week I feel I haven’t been on my top blogging game (Does this term make sense? Not sure but I’m going with it) so I haven’t been able to say everything that needs to be said. Those of you who know me best know that when I have a lot to say I can go on and on and on. I basically take a deep breath and go….and don’t breathe until I’m done. Well, I do the same thing when I’m writing. So, here we go….I’m taking a deep breath and….GO…

One of my favorite moments over the past 4 months was when Lola discovered her toes last week. I’m not kidding it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. She looked at them, wiggled them, reached for them, touched them for a bit and then attempted to place them in her mouth. It was absolutely adorable!!! So, I attached these pics today. I love it!!!

Ok, so I think I’m officially a terrible mother. I woke up this morning when my alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. I didn’t remember hearing Lola wake up so I immediately said to Clay “Did Lola wake up last night?”. Sometimes all the nights blend together and you can’t remember what you did three hours earlier much less a day or two ago. Anyway, we noticed we forgot to turn the monitor on before we fell asleep so Clay went to grab Lo and she was starving. I immediately thought surely we didn’t accidentally let her cry it out last night.

Before having a baby, I had always said I was going to use the “cry it out” method as I LOVE my sleep. Anyway, when it came down to it, I just couldn’t do it. I asked my doctor and she said that she never could do it. She didn’t seem to condemn it but then again she didn't really recommend it. I also asked some friends and of course everyone has a different answer. My friend Ashley said that if you do it you should wait until 6 months. Some say they did it around 12 weeks. Of course, when you read about it, you’ll get both sides of the story. To each his own….we decided not to do it as it really doesn’t bother me if she wakes up once to feed at night. Now, if she was waking up every 3 hours, I’m pretty sure that would be a different story.

We’re heading to the lake this weekend to see our friends Ashley and Mark. I’m so pumped!!! Can’t wait!!! Earlier this week I started feeling a little sore throat and felt TERRIBLE last night. I was talking to Ashley and she said you need to go to the doctor b/c we’re going to have a fun like the old “Amy & Ashley days”. I told her no fear….I don’t care if I’m on a respirator….I’ll pull it together b/c I’m so excited about hanging out at the lake. Plus, I can't wait for Lola to have her first lake experience.

Of course, the whole “lake” thing brings me to another very important point….BATHING SUIT!!! Oh no, this will be the first time since having a baby to get into a bathing suit. I’ve been traumatized over it. So, two weeks ago I decided that I would buckle down and get bathing suit ready. Well, I have a lot to say about the results but I need to breathe now so I’m going to wait and tell you the details next week. It’s pretty pitiful but I figure honesty is always a good trait to have. So, tune in next week to hear how the two week “panic” plan went.

Erin, Thank you so much for the fabulous comment. I loved it!!!! It’s great to know that we're not complete psycho parents. Based on the facts you gave, it’s apparent that SIDS was also a concern for yall too. It gives a sense of relief to hear other parents have the same concerns as us.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!!

No comments: