May 16, 2008

My daughter is a spitting image of her Father






I’ll never forget the moment when Lola finally arrived and the first thing my doctor said was “She is definetly her father’s daughter”. I’ve since heard this term numerous times. Her hair, her eyes, her nose….it’s all her father’s. Nothing, nada, zilch, zip is mine. Initially, we thought she may have my mom’s fabulous brown skin tone. However, when the jaundice left, the beautiful olive skin was gone too and she was left with pale white skin which definetly makes her an Odom. It doesn’t get much better than that.

Although I’m constantly searching for any little thing on Lola that may come from me, I actually love the fact that she is a mini-Clay. I remember the first time I looked at her and you have this feeling that you’ll only experience once. After this glance, I was finally able to sleep after being awake for over 30 hours. I remember waking up the next morning, Clay was in the hospital room with me and when I looked at him, I saw Lola in him (Of course, at this point she still didn’t have a name). It was a very special moment for me. Ever since then, I love and cherish the fact that my daughter is a spitting image of her father.

Happy 35th Birthday to Clay!!!

No comments: