August 26, 2011

Lo in Rag

I don't believe I've told yall the story of Lo's most recent hair cut. I was getting real tired of her long stringy hair mainly because she would never let us brush it. Every morning it was a screaming fight to try to get her hair to a presentable point. By the end I said "screw it" she can go to school with a rats nest on her head for all I care. With this, I've been DYING to get it cut but daddy bear loved it and didn't want to get it cut (let the debate begin!). He says "Some people pay money to try to get their hair to look like this." Meaning, un-brushed kind of wavy hair. I'm not so sure about the paying money part but I get what he's saying...people try to get the whole "natural" look I guess.

Anyway, I got to the point where I was fed up and one day I decided to get the scissors out. Lo said she wanted it as short as Gaines. Luckily, since I'm not Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt and I don't take a comment like this to heart as she's only 3 1/2 and doesn't really know how she wants her hair I don't think (If you remember, when Shiloh Pitt wanted her hair short like her brothers, they cut it). So one day when Lo got out of the bath, we sat there and cut her hair. I was trying to get it to where it was all one length not realizing how much I was cutting it. I chopped away and once I was done I went into PANIC mode because I really chopped it and didn't realize how much until it was a done deal.

It may be hard to tell from the pic but this is a few inches of hair. Although I miss her "long beautiful hair", I'm getting used to the new cut now and kind of like it. I also know it will grow better now. Lola loves it and will now let me brush it which is nice. I'll have to post a pic of the "new do" soon!

On another note, Lola recently moved up to a new "big girl" classroom at school and I've never seen a little girl happier. She wakes up ready to walk out the door immediately to head to school. This morning she said "Mommy, I'm going to smile all the way to school today because I'm so excited!" How cute it this! She's always loved school but this move has taken it to another level. She can't wait to get there and doesn't want to leave. She also asked me this morning if "Madison could come over this weekend to play?" so it looks like we'll have to get a play-date in the works. After only a week in this class, she's already learned so much. It's actually amazing! She can now identify most of her numbers and is almost there with her letters. She's also learning to write which is all new to us so we had to get the tracing paper out last night like they do at school. Love seeing Lola so happy and learning so much!

Everyone have a fab weekend! We're off to the lake for hopefully a relaxing weekend with friends.

Toodaloo!

No comments: