I'm here...in NYC and here are just a few things I miss:
- The people.
- The cultural diversity.
- The style. Everyone has style regardless if they have a "fashion sense" because in NYC, every one's personal style is considered "a style" without even trying. I love this!
- The food. I'm even super excited about getting a bagel with creme cheese from one of the local street vendors tomorrow morning.
- The smell of the subways. Weird I know. But, as I jumped on the 1 train and switched over to the express 2, I felt like I never left...like I still live here and am a true part of the City. For a moment, I wished we still lived here...I wished I was heading home to our walk-up apartment....until I saw a mother carrying her infant stroller up the subway steps...yep...that all went away and I'm happy we're in Austin!
- The buildings.
- The architecture.
- The history.
- The crisp blue skies.
- The flowers. I love that all the flowers at all the local markets. I wanted to grab a bundle for my hotel room when I was walking back last night. I stopped myself as I realized this may be a little much!
- The weather. When I landed in NYC at 2:15 p.m., it was 77 degrees. It was 78 degrees in Austin when I left my house at 5:00 a.m. Something is seriously wrong with this picture. In Texas, you would not consider walking out of the house without shorts or a sundress on only...in NYC, everyone is in jeans and cardigans. Oh so nice!
- The shopping.
- The friends. Looking forward to dinner with them tomorrow night.
- The feeling you have when you're here. Indescribable!
- The hustle and bustle.
- The sounds. I slept with my window open last night and it was amazing! The sounds of the breeze between the buildings, the cars, the people talking/walking...I'm way up on the 16th floor and felt like I could hear it all....like I was in the moment with all the sounds in the City.
- The energy. This city makes me feel like there is still hope for this country....for this world.
I truly love NYC!