September 14, 2011

ACL is upon us....

I must admit up until now I've had a very hard time getting excited about ACL this year.  Not because I'm not S-U-P-E-R P-U-M-P-E-D because I AM!  The reason is I've been going non-stop for work which included waking up (yet again) at 3:30 a.m. on Monday to catch a 6:00 a.m. flight.  This just following a full week of travel all of last week (and the week before and the one before that).  BUT...here we are...it's now Wednesday and I fly back later today and now can start getting in full on ACL mode.

I'm completely stoked (can't believe I just used that word but it's so fitting for this moment) about the line-up this year.  Although we've seen a good number of the bands at least once this year (because most of them are our faves), I still can't wait to see them again in the ACL atmosphere.  I'm sure I'll have much more to say as we get to the weekend and many updates on our fave bands and those who we aren't so familiar with and discover (BTW...one of the bands I'm obsessed with (yes I know I have many) is Angus & Julia Stone...we just happened to watch last year at ACL having no idea who they were...they are BEYOND phenomenal...more on them to come).

Anyway, the list of artist I'm excited to see is limitless....yes...the line-up is just that good this year. But, as you know, one of the bands I'm loving these days just so happens to be Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. I've always liked them a lot but my true obsession began after seeing them at the Railroad Revival Tour. The lead singer whose name actually isn't Edward Sharpe (stage name only) but is Alexander, just released a new album and he will be playing at ACL. After RRT, I absolutely can't wait to see him again.  Of course, I should know it will likely be different but I'm still looking forward to it.  Here's a clip of a recent song release off of Alexander's new album...brace yourself because he's a strange bird...just warning ya!

No comments: