September 7, 2011

At last...a weekend at home (so I thought)...

This past weekend was our first weekend to be home in WEEKS. Literally since 4th of July weekend we've either been on the road or had plans....non-stop I'm telling you. So we were uber-excited about having a full long weekend at home to enjoy family time and get organized (BTW...why is it that we're always in need of organization!?!?!?).

Well come Saturday, I was in a HORRIBLE mood (as hard as I tried not to be) and was not pleasant to be around....AT ALL! I rarely ever allow myself to get this way but unfortunately work pushed me to this point. So here it is Saturday of a Holiday weekend and I was hell on wheels. Nice! All I could think about were all my work deadlines and wondered how in the world I was going to get it all done. This formula resulted in one moody mommy! I think Clay kind of got the hint and on Sunday he decided to take the kids down to his parents in Baird in hopes this would give me the opportunity to work all day and get some stuff done. He's smart because he knew if the kids were home that I wouldn't get anything done and would continue to stress and be hell on wheels. Very intuitive I must say!

Anyway, they headed out Sunday first thing and I worked from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m then took a break to try to start getting the house organized. It felt SO good to get work items checked off the list. I woke up first thing Monday and worked more then organized more. Before I knew it Clay and the kids were back and we were able to have a very enjoyable Labor Day Monday!

It all worked out perfect other than the fact that I wasn't with Gaines or Lo on Sunday and I left yesterday for Minneapolis. When it's the evening or weekend, I want to spend all my free time with the kiddos so I hated this wasn't the case over the weekend. However, my guilt went away when I found out how much fun Gaines and specifically Lola had playing with their cousin Doss. It's been a while since we've gotten them together and they had a blast. So in the end it was all worth it for me (as I got TONS of work done and some stress unloaded) and the kids as they were able to spend time with cousin Doss. Here they are...

Lola and Doss move a bit faster than Gaines so I hear he had a hard time keeping up. But, Clay did capture one photo of Gainesy and Doss playing with a ball.

Hope everyone is having a fab week! I already can't wait to get back home to the beautiful weather Austin is having...lower 90s...OH HEAVEN!!!

1 comment:

molly magill @ smmidge said...

love this! can't wait for more.