September 28, 2011

I'm in a funk!

I hate this feeling...being in a funk but I've hit it.  After no sleep last night due to both kids waking each other up then waking up to the same morning routine of all screams, trying to get everyone dressed, fed, teeth brushed, etc then everyone is off and BOOM...all the sudden it's quite. QUITE!  I don't know how to take quite anymore.  So, this morning after everyone left, I sat outside and drank my diet coke trying to pull myself out of the funk all along thinking "I don't think I can drag myself into my office to work all day" but I know I have to.  If the weather was nice (not 104 like it was yesterday), I could take my computer to Jo's or another coffee house to work but NOPE...I sit here in my office and have a good 8 hours of work ahead of me...the same work. I'm done with all my deadlines but now I have to spend the next two weeks catching up only to start new deadlines.  HELP!

On top of all this, we're coming off a high.  Non-stop travel for work and plans every-single-weekend for two months straight.  Now, there are no work trips scheduled until November, no weekend plans...I craved this moment for so long and now that it has arrived I kind of don't know what to do with myself.  No ACL to look forward to...no Marfa to look forward to...only the same ol' daily routine.  This is life I know.  But sometimes it's hard to take...the same routine day in and day out.  I think "How can I spice up our life???" Really...how can I?!?!?!

I also sit and think that I want to redo our living room and guest bedroom.  I want a new rug, I want to re-upholster a chair, I want new bedding but it's just not going to happen right now.  I also hate all my clothes...the same clothes I loved so much over the summer.  I look at my closet and feel I have nothing to put on....so I put on the same old things...over and over.  These days, I rarely put on make up or brush my hair anymore. NICE!  I'm over it all.  I.NEED.FALL.WEATHER.  I'm even thinking I might go ahead and switch out my closets just to feel my wardrobe has been refreshed.  I can't believe it's end of September and this it the outfit I have on today.  REALLY?!?!?!?


I don't know.  I really don't.  I do know I hate this feeling and can't wait to move beyond it.  Yesterday, when I picked up the kids from school, I couldn't bare to come home to the same routine so we stopped at Amy's Ice Cream on South Lamar and ate good grub, played on the playground, took photo booth pics...it was fun!  A good way to switch up the routine.  But now, here I sit again...the same routine.  Oh...what to do!?!?!?


Now, I don't want this post to come off like I don't love my life...because I do.  Anyone that knows me well knows I love my kids, I love my husband, I love my family, I love my friends, I love my job, I love Austin, I love my house and all of it more than anything.  But sometimes, I believe we all hit a point where we just feel strange and need something but don't know what.  Luckily, these moments always pass.  I'm looking forward to this one passing soon.

I leave you with this quote I saw a few weeks ago which just stuck with me...so much so that I wrote it down...


1 comment:

kristin said...

next thursday you should go to the mother falcon show at Laguna Gloria. It will be a great place to see them and something for you to look forward to. ;) and all I want to do it put on long sleeves and boots. I am right there with you.