September 16, 2011

What I'm reading now....

I finished up The Leftovers in just under a week.  I highly recommend this one.  Without telling too much, as you read this book you don't realize how connected you become to the characters until it's over and you continue to think about them for days.  It also makes you value those you love most as they could "suddenly disappear" at any moment.  Tom Perrotta does a great job touching on "faith" without blatantly throwing it in your face.  How those who are extreme (or not so extreme) can destroy themselves without even knowing it.  This is a definite read for everyone. 

I decided to move onto a love story.  I chose One Day by David Nicholls.


We've all seen the movie previews featuring Anne Hathaway (one of my faves) and Jim Sturgess (still haven't figured out exactly how he fits this character but hopefully I'll get there).  I REALLY want to see this movie but part of my obsessive personality won't let me see a movie until I've read the book. I've only gotten through the first few chapters and I'm LOVING it!  The way David Nicholls writes is very inspirational.  Two people struggling with who they are and what they want to be....both in very different ways. There are so many sentences/statements made by these characters that I've underlined or written down as I want to always remember them.  Even though I'm just getting started on this one, I can probably go ahead and confirm it will be highly recommended.  Will keep ya updated!

No comments: